Who Was Charlie Mops in Beer History?

• Thread starter TheStatutoryApe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Beer
In summary, the participants in this conversation discussed their favorite types and brands of beer. Some popular choices included darker beers such as Guinness, New Castle, and Negra Modelo, as well as ciders like Hornsby's Amber. Other favorites included Red Hook Extra Special Bitter, Sam Smith's stout, and Heineken. Some participants also mentioned microbrews like Dogfish Head 90 min IPA and Iron Hill Brewery's Pig Iron Porter. The conversation also touched on the popularity of hefeweizens and the chemical aspect of American beers. Overall, the participants shared their love for a variety of beers and brands, both domestic and international.
gokul43201 said:
heh. You can watch a video of a commercial on youtube, but first have to watch an actual commercial before the video starts!

I like this one best among the heinekens:

lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Do they still make London Pride?

Math Is Hard said:
Do they still make London Pride?

Yep!

Kurdt said:
Yep!

I used to enjoy that while throwing darts. Haven't seen it in a while, but then, I haven't played darts in years.

Math Is Hard said:
I used to enjoy that while throwing darts. Haven't seen it in a while, but then, I haven't played darts in years.

But they’re still talking about you, “Maths stepped up to the oche, cool as a prized marrow, even Hypotenuse would have trouble working out her angles, she had the consistency of a planet in a darts orbit- Maths reasoned…Maths quickened…Ahhhhhh Maths!”

Ok, maybe that was about some other darts players, but British commentary (in this case, Sid Waddell) is amazing!

fuzzyfelt said:
But they’re still talking about you, “Maths stepped up to the oche, cool as a prized marrow, even Hypotenuse would have trouble working out her angles, she had the consistency of a planet in a darts orbit- Maths reasoned…Maths quickened…Ahhhhhh Maths!”

Ok, maybe that was about some other darts players, but British commentary (in this case, Sid Waddell) is amazing!

:rofl: I will have to Google this Sid Waddell.

The Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier Naturtrüb is just amazing!
My friend made me drink one of those and now that's the only one I really like. Too bad there's only a few bars that serve it.

Sakha said:
The Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier Naturtrüb is just amazing!
My friend made me drink one of those and now that's the only one I really like. Too bad there's only a few bars that serve it.

Quite excellent and rare too!

I think my favorite is a Belgian - Grimbergen Blonde.

Gentlemen prefer blonde's.

Pacifico/Modelo (Especial), Chimay, Duvel, Piraat, Blue Moon, Lindemans Lambic, Monks Sour Red Ale

of course a 40 of Olde English is always a good choice to start the night off right!

What, no Old Milwaukee for you Greg?

I usually rotate the following:

• Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
  • Red Tail Ale
  • Moose Drool
  • Widmer Bros. Hefeweizen

Redbelly98 said:
What, no Old Milwaukee for you Greg?

Truth be told I really don't take to any beers by Miller, Schlitz or Pabst :D As far as WI beers go I can enjoy some by New Glarus, Point and Leinenkugels.

Greg Bernhardt said:
of course a 40 of Olde English

my standard during college, plus a big oil can of foster's

Back