Tight binding dispersion for graphene

In summary, tight binding dispersion is a semi-empirical method used in quantum mechanics to calculate the energy levels of electrons in materials such as graphene. It combines theoretical calculations and experimental data to provide a more accurate description of the electronic structure. Factors that influence tight binding dispersion for graphene include the lattice structure, bond strength, external fields, and impurities. This method is commonly used in graphene research to predict electronic properties and study the effects of doping and external stimuli. However, it has limitations in accounting for electron-electron interactions and may not accurately capture complex systems.
barana
Hi
I have Hamiltonian matrix and overlap matrix. How to calculate tight binding dispersion for graphene in matlab?
I would be appreciated if could some one give me a hand on my problem.

My guess on why no one responded to this is because you have other threads on similar topics, and I believe in one of them, this issue is being addressed. You really should not get into the habit of making multiple threads on what is essentially something that can be easily confined to just one thread.

Unfortunately, the "automated bump" doesn't recognize this.

Zz.

1. What is tight binding dispersion for graphene?

Tight binding dispersion is a method used in quantum mechanics to calculate the energy levels of electrons in a material, such as graphene. It takes into account the interaction between the electrons and neighboring atoms, allowing for a more accurate description of the electronic structure.

2. How does tight binding dispersion differ from other methods?

Tight binding dispersion is a semi-empirical method, meaning it combines both theoretical calculations and experimental data. This allows for a more accurate and realistic description of the electronic properties of graphene compared to purely theoretical methods.

3. What factors influence the tight binding dispersion for graphene?

The tight binding dispersion for graphene is influenced by several factors, including the lattice structure, the strength of the bonds between carbon atoms, and any external electric or magnetic fields. The presence of impurities or defects in the material can also affect the tight binding dispersion.

4. How is tight binding dispersion used in graphene research?

Tight binding dispersion is a valuable tool in graphene research as it allows for the prediction of electronic properties such as band structure, density of states, and electronic transport. It is also useful in studying the effects of different doping levels and external stimuli on the electronic structure of graphene.

5. What are the limitations of tight binding dispersion for graphene?

While tight binding dispersion is a useful method for studying the electronic properties of graphene, it does have some limitations. It does not account for the effects of electron-electron interactions, which can become significant at high energy levels. Additionally, it is limited to simple systems and may not accurately capture the behavior of complex materials or structures.