Tim Conway: Dead at 85 - His Hilarity & Straight Face Entertained Us

• Thread starter phinds
  • Start date
In summary, beloved actor and comedian Tim Conway passed away at the age of 85 after a long illness. He is best known for his work on The Carol Burnett Show and won four Emmy Awards for his performances. He also appeared in Disney movies and was known for his deadpan delivery and ability to make others laugh, even while keeping a straight face. His passing is mourned by his wife, stepdaughter, six children, and two granddaughters.
phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
I usually found him hilarious. What was even more fun was watching him keep a straight face while Harvey Korman was totally cracking up. His deadpan delivery could be VERY entertaining.

Likes BillTre
Physics news on Phys.org
I feel like I'm running an obituary column here. I grew up watching Tim Conway and his wholesome TV humor especially on the Carol Burnett show.

https://fox8.com/2019/05/14/report-tim-conway-dies-at-85/
The Willoughby native passed away Tuesday morning in Los Angeles after a long illness, according to Howard Bragman, who heads LaBrea Media.

Conway worked at WJW in the 60s.

He is survived by his wife of 35 years, his stepdaughter, his six biological children and two granddaughters.

The beloved actor is best known for his work on The Carol Burnett Show. He won four Emmy Awards on her TV variety show.

He was also in a few Disney movies including The World's Greatest Athlete and The Apple Dumpling Gang.

Here's Tim talking humorously about his career:

Likes strangerep and BillTre
You know Tim Conway was big... he was a https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6mi4s3

Likes Rubidium_71
My mother loved him and Harvey Korman. She and my paternal Grandmother would always watch the Carol Burnett Show and would be cracking up. I can still see Tim and Harvey shuffling their feet and them laughing even though it was the same thing every week. :oldbiggrin:

R.I.P.

1. What was Tim Conway's cause of death?

According to his representative, Tim Conway passed away on May 14, 2019 due to complications from Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus.

2. What was Tim Conway best known for in his career?

Tim Conway was best known for his comedic talents, particularly his ability to make people laugh with his hilarious characters and impeccable timing.

3. How old was Tim Conway when he passed away?

Tim Conway was 85 years old at the time of his death.

4. What were some of Tim Conway's most famous roles?

Some of Tim Conway's most famous roles include Dorf, Mr. Tudball, and The Old Man on The Carol Burnett Show, and Barnacle Boy on SpongeBob SquarePants.

5. Did Tim Conway have any other talents besides comedy?

In addition to his comedic talents, Tim Conway was also an accomplished writer, director, and producer. He also had a successful career as a voice actor and had a passion for golf.