Topics pages with YouTubes very slow to finish loading

• Complaint
  • Thread starter symbolipoint
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with long loading times for forum pages that contain multiple YouTube video links. The issue seems to be related to a slow internet connection or server, resulting in a wait time of 15-35 seconds. It is later discovered that the videos are downloading to the user's machine, causing the delay, but they are unable to be watched due to an error message.
symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
Very jittery during loading of topics which contain several YouTube video links. Long time during the page loading, so can't click on anything reliably or to scroll up or down UNTIL the page finishes loading. Fifteen, twenty, thirtyfive seconds while waiting for the forum page to fully load.
Example is this: https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/favorite-songs-new-thread.933940/page-13#post-6023781

Physics news on Phys.org
That appears to be a buffering problem on the Internet, or perhaps a slow server. I didn't catch all of the info on the first loading, but page refreshes execute immediate.

Works OK for me.

Can you watch videos when you go to youtube?

Borek said:
Works OK for me.

Can you watch videos when you go to youtube?
watching videos is fine; its just the long wait while the forum topics load, containing the many links to the videos.
No kidding - wait about 20 to 40 seconds for the forum page to fully load when there're links to YouTube videos.

Ah, found it! Those three videos are downloading to your machine, all 6000+ packets. Just tested my download speed at 93Mb/s and those 6000+ packets took about 30sec. That's about 20 minutes of video, and they all report an error message of "this video is unavailable". :cry: :headbang:

1. Why are the topic pages with YouTubes loading so slowly?

There could be a few reasons for this. One possibility is that the video itself is large and takes longer to load. Another possibility is that there is a high volume of traffic on the website, which can slow down loading times. Additionally, if you have a slow internet connection or are using an older device, this can also contribute to slower loading times.

2. Are there any ways to speed up the loading of these topic pages?

Yes, there are a few things you can try. First, try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache. This can often help with loading issues. Additionally, you can try using a different internet browser or updating your current browser to the latest version. You can also try connecting to a different internet network or switching to a faster internet connection.

3. Is there a specific time of day when these topic pages tend to load faster?

This can vary depending on the website and the time of day. Some websites may experience higher traffic during peak hours, which can slow down loading times. It is best to try loading the page at different times throughout the day to see if there is a noticeable difference in loading speed.

4. Is there any way to optimize the loading of these topic pages with YouTubes?

Yes, there are a few steps you can take to optimize loading times. First, make sure to use compressed video files for the YouTubes, as this can reduce the file size and improve loading speed. Additionally, using a content delivery network (CDN) can also help distribute the load and improve loading times. Finally, regularly monitoring and optimizing your website's code and server settings can also help with loading speeds.

5. If the topic pages with YouTubes continue to load slowly, should I be concerned about my device or internet connection?

If the issue is only with the specific topic pages with YouTubes and not with other websites, it is more likely an issue with the website itself rather than your device or internet connection. However, if you are experiencing slow loading times on multiple websites, it may be worth checking your device and internet connection for any potential issues.