Trajectory of a Projectile that must clear an obstruction

In summary, to solve for Vy, you need to find a solution for Vx that will allow the projectile to clear the X1/Y2 point and still hit it's target. You can use simplified assumptions to calculate the trajectory, or you can solve for Vy using the equation of the parabola that the projectile follows.
you didn't replied for a month... if you see this pleeeeese send me your Unity progect to joaonunodiasleitao@gmail.com! I tried to recriate it but i coundn't make the same effect... Hope you recovered well from your surgery!

Physics news on Phys.org
tchpowdog said:
Are you the guy that commented on my YouTube video?

The "etc" part is solving for Y (which gives you the magnitude of the force needed). I will try to zip my Unity project up and send it to you somehow. It will be later today or tomorrow. I am having surgery in about 2 hours, so I will be in pain for a while.
tchpowdog said:

The "etc" part is solving for Y (which gives you the magnitude of the force needed). I will try to zip my Unity project up and send it to you somehow. It will be later today or tomorrow. I am having surgery in about 2 hours, so I will be in pain for a while.
tchpowdog said:

You didn't replied for a month... if you see this pleeeeese send me your Unity progect to joaonunodiasleitao@gmail.com! I tried to recriate it but i coundn't make the same effect... Hope you recovered well from your surgery!