Transformation of electronic audio signal into audible Sound

In summary, the conversation discusses how electrical signals are transformed into audible sounds through speakers. The question is raised about how this transformation occurs and which parts of the speaker are involved. A recommendation is made for a website that explains the nature of sound and the mechanics of loudspeakers. It is also mentioned that search engines can tailor their offerings based on user preferences.
AustinTahir
Hello Guyz
I've got a little Question For Seniors I hope You answer it Briefly , I know that whenever i plug in my USB Drive in my Loudspeaker or plug Speaker itself in my PC and play anything like a song an Electrical audio Signal is Produced which is transformed by Speaker into a audible Sound..
However I don't have any idea how does it gets transformed from a particle yo a sound wave?Nor Do i know Which parts of speaker takes part in transformation?
Can you please explain this thing...I think this Question Fits best on this Sub-Forum
(Apologies For any typo mistakes, Since i am using Gorums on my cellphone)

Engineering news on Phys.org
the speaker moves (oscillates) back and forth, this motion moves air (which has mass) to your eardrums nerve which samples the frequency of movement and sends the signal to your brain.

Attachments

• Thursday_26_February_2015 09_48_10snap.png
    Thursday_26_February_2015 09_48_10snap.png
    102.7 KB · Views: 390
Likes AustinTahir
Allright thanks Both of You.

1. What is the process of transforming electronic audio signals into audible sound?

The process of transforming electronic audio signals into audible sound involves converting the analog audio signals into digital signals using an analog-to-digital converter. These digital signals are then processed and amplified through a digital-to-analog converter, which converts them back into analog audio signals. These signals are then sent to speakers or headphones, where they are converted into sound waves that can be heard by humans.

2. How do electronic audio signals differ from audible sound?

Electronic audio signals are electrical signals that are produced by electronic devices such as microphones, guitars, or synthesizers. These signals are not audible to humans and require conversion into sound waves to be heard. Audible sound, on the other hand, is the result of these electronic audio signals being converted into sound waves that can be perceived by the human ear.

3. What factors affect the quality of sound produced from electronic audio signals?

The quality of sound produced from electronic audio signals is affected by several factors, including the sampling rate, bit depth, and frequency response. The sampling rate determines how often the audio signal is measured and converted into digital form, while the bit depth determines the precision and dynamic range of the digital signal. The frequency response refers to the frequency range that a device can accurately reproduce, which affects the clarity and fidelity of the sound.

4. Can electronic audio signals be transformed into different types of audible sound?

Yes, electronic audio signals can be transformed into different types of audible sound through various processing techniques. For example, equalization can be used to adjust the frequency response of the sound, while effects such as reverb or delay can be added to create different sonic characteristics. Additionally, electronic audio signals can be manipulated through software or synthesizers to create entirely new sounds.

5. How has technology advanced the transformation of electronic audio signals into audible sound?

Technology has greatly advanced the transformation of electronic audio signals into audible sound in many ways. The development of more advanced and precise analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converters has greatly improved the quality of sound produced. Additionally, advancements in digital signal processing have allowed for more complex and accurate manipulation of audio signals, resulting in a wider range of sounds and effects. Furthermore, the development of new software and hardware technologies has made it easier for musicians and producers to create and manipulate electronic audio signals, leading to more diverse and innovative sounds in music and other media.