Trivia Chat: General Topics and Prizes for Top 3 Winners

• Announcement
  • Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, Trivia will be held in our chat room Thursday July 6th at 8PM CST! Trivia will be general topics. Google is allowed but speed is everything. Top 3 members will receive the coffee table book "What's It Like in Space?" or a $10 Amazon gift card if outside the USA. Reminders will be posted throughout next week. A link to chat will be posted here along with it being added to the top navbar and an alert will be sent out.
QuantumQuest said:
Unfortunately the time trivia was held was after 4:00 am here. Hoping for next time...:smile:
@QuantumQuest It was a lot of fun. Hopefully, the next one will be at a better time for you.

Likes QuantumQuest
Physics news on Phys.org
Since I was able to retrieve the last few lines of the trivia chat on my laptop, before the black hole swallowed it, I thought I would include the last words of the winner (@Infrared quote):

"Will be much more able to tutor geometer after that "coterminal angle" one"

Also congratulations to all 3 winners (@Infrared, @Charles Link, @jfizzix) !, and @scottdave and @fresh_42 did pretty good!

The ones at the end of the list we pretty much qualify as janitors of the chat room (jk), but that black hole that swallowed the page did a better job in cleaning up the chat room anyway! ...

Likes scottdave
Stavros Kiri said:
Since I was able to retrieve the last few lines of the trivia chat on my laptop, before the black hole swallowed it, I thought I would include the last words of the winner (@Infrared quote):

"Will be much more able to tutor geometer after that "coterminal angle" one"

Also congratulations to all 3 winners (@Infrared, @Charles Link, @jfizzix) !, and @scottdave and @fresh_42 did pretty good!

The ones at the end of the list we pretty much qualify as janitors of the chat room (jk), but that black hole that swallowed the page did a better job in cleaning up the chat room anyway! ...
Just as @Infrared was posting the answer of -330 degrees, I figured out what "coterminal" must mean, but I think by then a couple others were also starting to figure that out as well. Meanwhile, the gravity on Mars was an interesting question. Mars must be considerably smaller than the earth.

Likes Stavros Kiri