Trying to solve an auto accident question

In summary, the speaker's wife was involved in an auto accident where she was hit head on by a truck. The state DPS was unable to determine the speed of the other vehicle. The wife swerved to avoid the truck, but the truck also swerved and hit her car. Thankfully, the wife only suffered minor injuries thanks to the safety features of her car. The speaker is asking for help in determining the speed and force of the truck and car involved in the accident. However, the speaker is advised to hire a professional auto accident investigator for accurate results.
TimMorton
My wife was involved in an auto accident and the state DPS was unable to determine the speed of the other vehicle. The impact occurred at an intersection when my wife was making a left hand turn. In the middle of the turn is when she noticed the truck coming up the hill at her. She swerved back into her lane to avoid getting hit. At the same time the driver of the truck made a snap decision to go around her and swerved into her lane. She was then hit head on. Thanks to the safety features of her car she came out with only some cuts and bruises. Question is how fast does force A weighing 5000lbs have to go to impact object B traveling 3mph weighing 3583lbs and move it 50 feet? I know there are several other variables that will affect the outcome but this is the short and the sweet of it. I sure hope someone can help me out here. Thanks.

Likes Delta2
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, Tim. I'm very glad that your wife is okay -- yeah, modern safety features in cars can be amazing at saving lives.

We cannot help you with an auto accident investigation here on PF. You need to hire a qualified professional auto accident investigator for that. I have used one in the past, and they are very thorough and helpful.

Best wishes, this thread is closed.

Likes davenn and vanhees71

1. What is the first step in solving an auto accident question?

The first step in solving an auto accident question is to gather all the necessary information. This includes the names and contact information of all parties involved, insurance information, and any witness statements or police reports.

2. How do you determine who is at fault in an auto accident?

Determining fault in an auto accident involves examining the details of the accident, such as the location, weather conditions, and any traffic laws that may have been violated. Eyewitness accounts and police reports can also be helpful in determining fault.

3. What should I do if I am involved in an auto accident?

If you are involved in an auto accident, the first thing to do is make sure everyone is safe and call for medical assistance if needed. Then, exchange information with the other parties involved and document the accident by taking photos and getting witness statements. Finally, contact your insurance company to report the accident.

4. Can I handle an auto accident claim without involving my insurance company?

In some cases, it may be possible to handle an auto accident claim without involving your insurance company. This is typically only recommended for minor accidents with minimal damage and no injuries. It is important to carefully consider the potential consequences before making this decision.

5. What should I do if the other party involved in the accident does not have insurance?

If the other party involved in the accident does not have insurance, you may need to file a claim with your own insurance company. You may also consider taking legal action against the uninsured driver to recover any damages. It is important to consult with a legal professional in this situation.