Tuning a 3 link rear suspension for aggressive exit on 1/2 mile track

In summary, the speaker is experiencing difficulty getting aggressive on exit with their Asphalt Super car, despite being fast and winning races. They have made adjustments to the suspension, such as raising the Lr Trailing arm, using 4/6 shock and a 175 spring on the Lr, and 4 shock and a 275 spring on the Rr. The car also has a spring loaded pull bar with 7 degrees down. They are seeking advice on what else they can do to improve their performance.
SuperTruck
I have a Asphalt Super that has a 3 link rear suspension with coil overs. I run a flat 1/2 mile track and no matter what I do to it I can't get aggressive on exit. We are very fast and winning races but when I pick up throttle I have to roll it to a mat or it will blow the rear tires off. Entry is good and rotates in center with no wheel in it so it's definitely not a tight loose condition. Lr Trailing arm is up 1" 4/6 shock and a 175 spring. Rr is up 1 degree and 4 shock and a 275 spring. Too link is a spring loaded pull bar with 7 degrees down. Any ideas what else I can do?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Likes SuperTruck

What is a 3 link rear suspension?

A 3 link rear suspension is a type of suspension system commonly used in race cars. It consists of three links (or arms) that connect the rear axle to the chassis. These links control the movement of the rear axle, allowing for better handling and traction.

Why is tuning a 3 link rear suspension important for aggressive exits on a 1/2 mile track?

On a 1/2 mile track, aggressive exits are crucial for achieving top speeds and gaining an advantage over other racers. The 3 link rear suspension allows for fine-tuning of the rear axle movement, which can greatly improve the car's acceleration and cornering abilities.

What factors should be considered when tuning a 3 link rear suspension for a 1/2 mile track?

Some important factors to consider include track conditions, tire grip, weight distribution, and the car's overall handling. Additionally, the driver's preferences and driving style should also be taken into account when making adjustments to the 3 link rear suspension.

How can the 3 link rear suspension be adjusted for aggressive exits?

To achieve aggressive exits on a 1/2 mile track, the 3 link rear suspension can be adjusted by changing the angle and length of the links, as well as adjusting the spring rates and shock absorbers. These adjustments can help control the rear axle movement and provide better traction and stability during aggressive acceleration.

Are there any risks involved in tuning a 3 link rear suspension for aggressive exits?

As with any modifications to a race car, there is always a risk involved. It is important to carefully consider all adjustments and make them in small increments to avoid any drastic changes in handling. It is also recommended to consult with a professional or experienced mechanic when tuning a 3 link rear suspension for aggressive exits.