Turbo C++: Is it Any Good for Learning C++?

In summary, someone has recommended Turbo C++ to the speaker, but it is no longer actively supported or developed. The speaker is new to programming and wants to learn C++, and they are thankful for the information and are using Windows, so they are advised to use Visual C++ Express, which is free.
PainterGuy
hello,

someone has recommedned to me to use compiler turbo c++... is it any good? what is your take? programming thingy is totally new thing to me...i want to learn c++ though i have no prvious backgrond in this area. your help is much aprreciated. thanx

Technology news on Phys.org
big thanks for this information!

What operating system are you on?

If you are on Windows I recommend looking up "Visual C++ Express". it is free.

I cannot provide a personal opinion on the effectiveness of Turbo C++ for learning C++. However, Turbo C++ is a widely used compiler and has been around for many years, so it has a strong community and resources available for learning. Additionally, it has a user-friendly interface and is suitable for beginners. However, it is always important to keep in mind that the success of learning any programming language depends on your dedication and effort in practicing and understanding the concepts. I would recommend exploring different resources and finding what works best for your learning style. Good luck on your journey to learning C++!

1. Is Turbo C++ a good choice for learning C++?

It can be a good choice for beginners as it is user-friendly and has a simple interface. However, it may not be the best option for advanced users as it lacks some modern features and updates.

2. Is Turbo C++ free to use?

Yes, Turbo C++ is free to use and can be downloaded from various websites. However, some advanced features may require a paid license.

3. Can Turbo C++ be used for professional development?

While Turbo C++ may have been a popular choice in the past, it is now outdated and not commonly used for professional development. Other modern compilers and IDEs are more suitable for professional use.

4. What are the system requirements for running Turbo C++?

Turbo C++ can run on various operating systems such as Windows, DOS, and Linux. However, it may not be compatible with newer versions of these operating systems.

5. Can I use Turbo C++ for developing programs other than C++?

Turbo C++ is primarily designed for C++ programming, but it can also be used for developing programs in other languages such as C and Pascal. However, it may not have all the necessary features and support for these languages.