Unconventional wire illustration/diagram.

DagmaarUlereich
TL;DR Summary
This post is going further outthan my farthest far-out. Very strange image was suggested to be an abstracted illustration of an electrical diagram for a multi purpose type of system that exists in and across circuits tied into different supplys.
Please review the abstract image and provide thoughts and discussion on what you think.

I have my own thoughts and possible could provide sketch or instance use case, elaborate using evident setsettings. But I don't want to persuade, influence or lead other people who are actually educated and inadvertently guide and ultimately hinder the outcomes of their initial assessment.
The picture I uploaded is of a "graffiti tag" sprayed on a queensized boxspring that was dumped at the apartment where I live. I just thought it was interesting, I was talking with a friend who is also not well educated, in general, but between us both the notion of a diagram came up, after neither of us could decipher any words, letters, or character.

Ive seen some sketches electrical diagrams but I'm very unknowledgeable and inexperienced. So a sketch of a plate of angle hair pasta would, to me, reasonably look like a wire diagram.
Please send any your thoughts on if this reasonably looks a real electronic system or diagram you, any and all appropriate ideas are encouraged, be as brief or elaborate, but please keep descriptions and postings within the community standards.

Thanks in advance, if any one wants to discuss, or hear more of the specifics of this situation, or my ideas which aren't grounded in science, nor a formal education please do so with Direct message and not on the threa.

Attachments

• 20230812_164318.jpg
    20230812_164318.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 45
Engineering news on Phys.org
Um... What?
If you are asking if that graffiti you posted looks like any sort of electrical diagram, then I'll vote no, it doesn't.

Likes DagmaarUlereich
Thank you, I appreciate your interpretation of the post and your response/vote.

I dont want to waste any ones efforts or time. But to give you a different more specific question or a follow up question
with any effort does the image let you see or inspire or resemble in your mind any element or component of an electrical system? Would you quantify the amount of effort required to achieve seeing such as an insane amount of effort? lolbvs

Ive spent a more time than necessary and at least a bit more time that i should have thinking about and forming hypothesies and ideas about incomplete illustrations of various 'wild splice' instances I've encountered working with low voltage infrastructure, across exchanges and over utilities, in and around wirecenters/centraloffices DSLAM POTS DEMARCATION etc.

So it's become too easy for me to hallucinate components or ideas into an abstraction and essentialy merge with other abstractions In a pursuit of understanding what's even possible and with much curiosity for what I'd call unorthodox.so It's a rather silly and excessively vauge question in general, and moreover applying such ideas to non low voltage systems. So I really do appreciate you indulging it even if only to humor me.

DagmaarUlereich said:
with any effort does the image let you see or inspire or resemble in your mind any element or component of an electrical system?
No. None. Zero.
I think you have completely misunderstood the entire field of engineering which is to simplify and explain the physical science to make useful machines. It is clear to me that you simply don't understand the field at a fundamental level. Your ideas about how to represent things that you haven't studied or understood isn't very interesting to people that have, or at least me.

DagmaarUlereich said:
Ive spent a more time than necessary and at least a bit more time that i should have thinking about and forming hypothesies and ideas about incomplete illustrations of various 'wild splice' instances I've encountered working with low voltage infrastructure, across exchanges and over utilities, in and around wirecenters/centraloffices DSLAM POTS DEMARCATION etc.

So it's become too easy for me to hallucinate components or ideas into an abstraction and essentialy merge with other abstractions In a pursuit of understanding what's even possible and with much curiosity for what I'd call unorthodox.
Yes, it shows. Why do you reject the idea of studying the knowledge others have obtained in the physical sciences? Thinking on your own, no matter how hard, isn't a great substitute for studying a textbook where the efforts of others are clearly explained.

“If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” - Sir Isaac Newton

BTW, this is an example of a good wiring harness, the sort of thing you would find in an aircraft, car, submarine, spacecraft, semiconductor production equipment, etc. Note that it doesn't look anything like "spaghetti", which is as derogatory as you can get in the world of wiring.

Electramatic-Minneapolis-Minnesota145_WEB.jpg

I'm not sure Physics Forums is the best place for you to get feedback along these lines. People here have a strong tendency to focus on useful explanations of the physical world, not abstract interpretations of how science appears or feels, particularly from people that don't want to study it before they interpret it. We are a simple sort of people, we strive to simplify, to explain in practical terms.

Sorry, but you asked, and this is my honest opinion, no sugar coating.

You may find this site interesting, which shows some views of what electronic construction actually looks like, notice the structure, the design, that total lack of abstraction:
https://opencircuitsbook.com/#oc-gallery

Last edited:
I understand. You dont need to be sorry for sharing your opinions and being honest. I can see you are literally and trying to help me in more than one way. I think you've done so successfully. I also think not sugar coating stuff is always more health. I am very thankful for you being tactful as well, that can be a challenge to do when deal 6 with difficulties such as these.

"Why do you reject the idea of studying the knowledge others have obtained in the physical sciences"

This is a very good question, and very relevant. But it is also a rather difficult one for me to answer concise, succinct and hard to anwser with a sense of clarity and and certainty.

I could say im lazy, could say im only interested in useless nonsense,
I could say i have a cognitive developmental learning disability. like A.D.H.D autism Or that I am just unwilling to make the sacrifies
that reading, studying and gaining knowledge demand.

I wish I had a better answer for you and me both.

Thanks again
DaveE said:
No. None. Zero.
I think you have completely misunderstood the entire field of engineering which is to simplify and explain the physical science to make useful machines. It is clear to me that you simply don't understand the field at a fundamental level. Your ideas about how to represent things that you haven't studied or understood isn't very interesting to people that have, or at least me.Yes, it shows. Why do you reject the idea of studying the knowledge others have obtained in the physical sciences? Thinking on your own, no matter how hard, isn't a great substitute for studying a textbook where the efforts of others are clearly explained.

“If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” - Sir Isaac Newton

BTW, this is an example of a good wiring harness, the sort of thing you would find in an aircraft, car, submarine, spacecraft, semiconductor production equipment, etc. Note that it doesn't look anything like "spaghetti", which is as derogatory as you can get in the world of wiring.

View attachment 330556

I'm not sure Physics Forums is the best place for you to get feedback along these lines. People here have a strong tendency to focus on useful explanations of the physical world, not abstract interpretations of how science appears or feels, particularly from people that don't want to study it before they interpret it. We are a simple sort of people, we strive to simplify, to explain in practical terms.

Sorry, but you asked, and this is my honest opinion, no sugar coating.

You may find this site interesting, which shows some views of what electronic construction actually looks like, notice the structure, the design, that total lack of abstraction:
https://opencircuitsbook.com/#oc-gallery

Ugh.

There are some fitting jokes about handwritten medical prescriptions, understood only by doctors and apothecarians. You may try something along that, because as a circuit/wire diagram this just won't work, no way.
handwriting-e1671451706832.jpg

Likes weirdoguy
Thread locked temporarily for Moderation...

1. What is an unconventional wire illustration/diagram?

An unconventional wire illustration/diagram is a visual representation of a complex system or concept using unconventional methods, such as using wire or other materials instead of traditional lines and shapes. It is often used in scientific and technical fields to communicate complex ideas in a more easily understandable way.

2. How is an unconventional wire illustration/diagram different from a traditional diagram?

An unconventional wire illustration/diagram differs from a traditional diagram in its use of unconventional materials and methods. While traditional diagrams may use lines, shapes, and colors to represent different elements, unconventional wire illustrations use actual wires or other materials to create a more tangible and interactive representation.

3. What are the benefits of using unconventional wire illustrations/diagrams?

There are several benefits to using unconventional wire illustrations/diagrams. They can make complex concepts more easily understandable, provide a more interactive and engaging learning experience, and allow for a more hands-on approach to exploring and understanding a system or concept.

4. How are unconventional wire illustrations/diagrams created?

Unconventional wire illustrations/diagrams are typically created by hand using wires, strings, or other materials to create a physical representation of a system or concept. They can also be created digitally using specialized software and tools.

5. In what fields are unconventional wire illustrations/diagrams commonly used?

Unconventional wire illustrations/diagrams are commonly used in scientific and technical fields, such as engineering, biology, and physics. They can also be used in educational settings to help students better understand complex concepts and systems.