Uncovering the Source: How to View Latex Code in Mathjax Images

In summary, the Mathjax documentation guide reveals that to view the source code for any Mathjax image, one simply needs to right click and select "Show Source". This will open a new window displaying the Latex code. Additionally, it has been noted that when increasing the font size, the font of Latex also increases.
Jameson
Gold Member
MHB
It's strange no one has noticed but after reading through the Mathjax documentation guide, all you have to do to view the source code is right click over any Mathjax image and click "Show Source". A new window will pop up with the Latex code.

Jameson

EDIT: Try it here $ \displaystyle \begin{array}{*{20}c} {x = \frac{{ - b \pm \sqrt {b^2 - 4ac} }}{{2a}}} & {{\rm{when}}} & {ax^2 + bx + c = 0} \\ \end{array}$

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Jameson said:
It's strange no one has noticed but after reading through the Mathjax documentation guide, all you have to do to view the source code is right click over any Mathjax image and click "Show Source". A new window will pop up with the Latex code.

Jameson

EDIT: Try it here $ \displaystyle \begin{array}{*{20}c} {x = \frac{{ - b \pm \sqrt {b^2 - 4ac} }}{{2a}}} & {{\rm{when}}} & {ax^2 + bx + c = 0} \\ \end{array}$

This is something I explicitly said in the thread on http://www.mathhelpboards.com/showthread.php?27-How-to-use-LaTeX-on-this-site...I suppose people didn't read it thoroughly enough then?

Last edited:
There's something that I noted too:

When increasing the size of the font, the font of LaTeX increases as well. Example:

This is $1+1=2.$ Now by increasing the font we have, This is $1+1=2.$

Chris L T521 said:
This is something I explicitly said in the thread on http://www.mathhelpboards.com/showthread.php?27-How-to-use-LaTeX-on-this-site...I suppose people didn't read it thoroughly enough then?

Haha, sorry. I was under the impression that people didn't know how to view the source code for Latex at all. Can't hurt to have a little repetitiveness.

Jameson said:
Haha, sorry. I was under the impression that people didn't know how to view the source code for Latex at all. Can't hurt to have a little repetitiveness.

It's fine...no worries! ;P

1. What is Latex source code?

Latex source code is the set of instructions that are used to create a document using the Latex typesetting system. It is a high-level language that allows for precise formatting of text, equations, and graphics.

2. How can I view the Latex source code of a document?

To view the Latex source code of a document, you need to have the original .tex file. This file contains all the code used to create the document. You can open this file using a text editor or a Latex editor such as Texmaker or Overleaf.

3. Can I edit the Latex source code of a document?

Yes, you can edit the Latex source code of a document. However, it is recommended to have a basic understanding of the Latex syntax before making any changes. Any mistakes in the code can result in errors or unexpected formatting in the document.

4. How can I learn to read and write Latex source code?

There are many online resources available for learning Latex, including tutorials, forums, and documentation. You can also find books or take courses on Latex to improve your skills. Practice is key to mastering the language.

5. Is it possible to convert Latex source code into other formats?

Yes, it is possible to convert Latex source code into other formats such as PDF, HTML, or even Microsoft Word. There are various tools and converters available online that can help with this process. However, the conversion may not always be accurate, so it is important to proofread the final document.