Understanding Water Fountain Dynamics: Air Dilatation and Temperature Effects

• Thread starter anachin6000
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Water
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of studying a fountain based on air dilatation with temperature, and the challenges of calculating the water propulsion process. The speaker also mentions their search for articles on analyzing the water movement and their frustration with finding resources that treat water as a rigid projectile instead of considering frictional forces. They request direction or articles that could assist in their calculations.
anachin6000
I want to study a a kind of fountain based on air dilatation with temperature. Even though the principle of the fountain is simple, the calculations involved are not. I have a hard time doing the math for the process of water propulsion. So I think that analyzing the outcome (the water movement), I might get a better idea of what is going on. What I am precisely asking is if someone knows about some articles that might help me study the movement of water through air after it leaves the pipe.
So far I have found different things on the internet that treat the water as a normal rigid projectile, which in my opinion is useless, because, if you look at a fountain, at first the water flows like through a pipe, then it splits into water bubbles due to the frictional forces.
Could anyone offer me a direction in doing the calculations or point out some articles that might help me.

Physics news on Phys.org
Likes anachin6000

What is the purpose of studying water fountain dynamics?

The study of water fountain dynamics helps us understand how water behaves in different conditions, such as different fountain designs and water pressure levels. This knowledge can be applied to improve the efficiency and aesthetics of water fountains.

How does the shape of a water fountain affect its dynamics?

The shape of a water fountain plays a significant role in its dynamics. A tall, narrow fountain will produce a thinner and higher stream of water compared to a wider, shorter fountain. The shape also affects the turbulence and patterns of the water as it flows and falls.

What factors influence the height and reach of a water fountain?

The height and reach of a water fountain are influenced by several factors, including the water pressure, nozzle size and shape, and the angle at which the water is ejected. Other factors such as wind and temperature can also affect the height and reach of a fountain.

How does air affect the dynamics of a water fountain?

Air plays a crucial role in the dynamics of a water fountain. When air is mixed with the water, it creates bubbles and foam, which can affect the appearance and behavior of the water. Air also affects the pressure and flow rate of the water as it passes through the nozzle.

What are some practical applications of understanding water fountain dynamics?

The knowledge of water fountain dynamics can be applied in many practical ways. It can inform the design and maintenance of water fountains in public spaces, improve the efficiency of irrigation systems, and even help in the development of new water-based technologies, such as hydroelectric power generation.