Unemployed Physicist Seeking Discussion on Condensed Matter and Quantum Theory

• Thread starter jk7297
  • Start date
In summary, an unemployed physicist is seeking discussions on condensed matter and quantum theory. This individual is looking to engage with others who are knowledgeable in these areas and potentially collaborate on research projects or exchange ideas. Their interest in these topics suggests a strong background in theoretical physics and a desire to continue pursuing scientific endeavors despite their current employment status.
jk7297
How did you find PF?
Web search
Hello all. My name is Joe Kulik. I live in central Pennsylvania.
I am an aging, unemployed physicist. Last job was adjunct professor at Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania. Before that, I had a contract position managing an electron microscopy lab at Penn State University.
Although still hoping to find meaningful employment, I have been spending time recently reading textbooks on condensed matter and many-body quantum theory. Perhaps this forum will give me an opportunity to discuss questions I have on these topics.

Likes PeroK, berkeman and Twigg
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

Post your questions and hopefully one of our members can help answer it or give some hints for you to follow.

In general, our primary mission is to help STEM students with their studies. We don’t provide answers but rather hints to help them along. In some cases, we may interpret your questions as homework and treat in that manner. In those cases, we don’t provide full answers only hints.

Please take some time to read our site guidelines as there are some topics we have chosen not to discuss because of their contentious nature. The link to the guidelines is in my signature block below.

Welcome again,
Jedi

PS I suggest you request a name change as it is never good to use your real name on the internet as it promotes identity theft.

Jedi,
Thanks for the advice on the name change. Sorry to be a bit dense here, but exactly how do I request a name change?
-Joe

Use the blue REPORT link (square box / bell icon blue REPORT link / pencil icon EDIT link .../) at the bottom of your post. Normally we use it to report someones post but you can report your own post and request a name change.

Also provide a suggested new name to get things rolling.

Last edited: