Universal Rotation: Kurt Godel's Time-Loop Theory

In summary, the conversation discussed a documentary about Kurt Godel's idea of looping time to go back in time. The only feasible way to achieve this, according to the documentary, is by looping time everywhere. However, it was also mentioned that the universe does not rotate, which sparked interest and raised questions about the accuracy of the concept. It was suggested that advanced math and other concepts were used to work out this idea, but its accuracy remains uncertain.
shifty88
was watching a documentary about Kurt godel and his idea about going back in time if you looped time, and the only real world way they said that this could be done was to loop time everywhere.
The they said that the universe however does not rotate. Which interested me because i couldn't think how we could work out such a thing.

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't really know what you mean by all this as I haven't seen the documentary, but I'm sure it was worked out using advanced math and other concepts. Whether or not it's accurate is a different story.

1. What is Universal Rotation: Kurt Godel's Time-Loop Theory?

Universal Rotation, also known as Kurt Godel's Time-Loop Theory, is a scientific concept proposed by mathematician Kurt Godel in 1949. It suggests that time is not linear, but rather a loop that repeats itself infinitely.

2. How does Universal Rotation work?

According to Godel's theory, the universe is rotating in a way that causes time to loop back on itself. This means that events in the past, present, and future are all connected and can potentially repeat themselves.

3. What evidence supports this theory?

There is currently no empirical evidence to support Godel's Time-Loop Theory. However, it is a mathematical concept that has been studied and debated by scientists and philosophers for decades.

4. What are the implications of Universal Rotation for our understanding of time?

If Godel's theory is proven to be true, it would fundamentally change our understanding of time. It would mean that the past, present, and future are all interconnected and events from different points in time could potentially occur simultaneously.

5. Can Universal Rotation be tested?

At this time, there is no known way to test Godel's Time-Loop Theory. However, as technology and scientific understanding continue to advance, it is possible that new methods of experimentation may emerge in the future.