Unlocking My Magic Touch: Growing Plants & Weeds

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's newfound skill in pruning plants, which has resulted in new growth and a magic touch when it comes to plants. They also mention how pruning can reinvigorate trees and bushes and encourage new growth. The conversation ends with a suggestion to try growing a vegetable garden using this skill.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Well i am sure i have turned into a percy thrower :approve: I pruned this
stragly old rose bush all most to the ground two months ago, and now it
has new branches three foot long with flowers sprouting every where, and this other tree like thing i did not like, so i cut right down to a
stump, has two foot long branches growing from it, i am still not sure if it is a
weed or not, but that does not matter as it proves i have a new found magic
touch when it comes to plant type things, the only snag is the known weeds, i only have to look at them and they grow like triffids, how can i tune my new skill ?

Physics news on Phys.org
You could always just pretend that everything that you WANT to grow is a weed. Try planting a vegetable garden. You'll soon have twelve foot tomato plants. Just don't tell them that they are really tomatos..

:biggrin:

Last edited:
You have found the magic of pruning. Most trees, bushes, etc... respond just like this to pruning. I know my Mom always cuts her rose bushes back hard every year and they come back better than before.

If you ever have a tree or bush that is looking leggy, a good pruning reinvigorates it. If you stay on top of it, you will, over time, decrease the internodes (spacing between leaves) and the plant will look "bushier" and encourage even more new growth.

It goes without saying that the Japanese have mastered this in their trees, both full sized and in my hobby, bonsai. It is interesting if you have a green thumb.

1. What is the purpose of "Unlocking My Magic Touch: Growing Plants & Weeds"?

The purpose of "Unlocking My Magic Touch: Growing Plants & Weeds" is to teach individuals how to successfully grow plants and weeds using various techniques and methods. It aims to provide a comprehensive guide for both novice and experienced gardeners.

2. What are the benefits of using the techniques in this book?

The techniques outlined in "Unlocking My Magic Touch: Growing Plants & Weeds" can help individuals achieve healthier, more abundant plants and weeds. They can also save time and money by avoiding common mistakes and using efficient methods of cultivation.

3. Are the techniques in this book applicable to all types of plants and weeds?

Yes, the techniques in this book can be applied to a wide range of plants and weeds. The book covers general principles of plant growth and cultivation that can be used for various species. However, some specific plants and weeds may require additional, specialized techniques.

4. How does this book differ from other gardening guides?

"Unlocking My Magic Touch: Growing Plants & Weeds" takes a unique approach by combining traditional gardening methods with modern scientific research. It also focuses on both plants and weeds, providing information on how to control and utilize weeds in gardens.

5. Can this book be helpful for individuals with no gardening experience?

Yes, "Unlocking My Magic Touch: Growing Plants & Weeds" is designed to be accessible for individuals with no prior gardening experience. It includes detailed explanations and instructions, as well as illustrations and photographs to help readers understand the concepts and techniques.