Unseen force debated,Amateur seeks proof of aether,Open minds unite.

• Thread starter timcpi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ether
In summary, the existence of an unseen force, known as aether, is a topic of debate among experts. An amateur is seeking proof of this force, while open-minded individuals are coming together to explore and discuss its potential existence.
timcpi
How did you find PF?
A Google search on "proving the æther does not exist."
Over the course of the last three years I have explored the æther visually and physically and it's been an exhilarating and mind-expanding experience. It's been frustrating, too, because no one else seems to be able to see what I am seeing and manipulating every day. I am no crack-pot, I'm a serious investigator of amateur status trying to interest someone in helping me to prove either that it's all in my head or that the æther does actually exist. I've devised a number of soi disant "proofs" and am working some of them through with a skeptical colleague, but it's been a long and unfruitful process so far. I would like very much to connect with open-minded fellow explorers because I believe the æther holds information that would benefit mankind.

• Skeptical
Likes weirdoguy
Physics news on Phys.org
The forum mission statement is (emphasis mine):
Our mission is to provide a place for people (whether students, professional scientists, or others interested in science) to learn and discuss science as it is currently generally understood and practiced by the professional scientific community.
You are welcome here, but please do respect the forum rules that disallow posting personal theories and speculation and require that topics of discussion in the technical forums be supported by peer-reviewed publication.

Likes Doc Al
The ether wind blows,
Beyond the realm of science.
It's all in the mind.

Likes BillTre, Doc Al and phinds
Since this is a New Member Introduction thread, I'll go ahead and close it. We don't want it growing to the point that we have to move it to a technical forum (where discussions of the aether are banned anyway).

Banned Topics said:
Non-mainstream theories:
Generally, in the forums we do not allow the following:
  • Attempts to promote or resuscitate theories that have been discredited or superseded (e.g. Lorentz ether theory); this does not exclude discussion of those theories in a purely historical context

Nice haiku BTW @PeroK :smile:

Likes PeroK and phinds