US Split-Phase to EU Heat Pump Not Working

quantumn
TL;DR Summary
Trying to make an EU heat pump work on US 240vAC
Hi, I've ordered and received an advanced heat pump from Jiangsu Micoe in Red China. It is a full inverter-driven air-to-Water heat pump, IOW the fan motor, compressor, etc, are all PWM driven. The power supply takes in line voltage and immediately converts it to DC for moderation by the controller.

It is designed for the EU market which of course has 230v on one line, neutral on another, and ground on the third. I am in the US where of course we have split-phase 240v with ground, which I thought in theory should power this machine just fine. Unfortunately it does not. I turn on the outdoor cutoff switch, and nothing. Nothing on the indoor display as well.

I've tested the voltage to it and indeed it is 240vAC. I've been without house heat through two Winters and sure would like to get this thing running. I've considered buying an EU-to-US isolation transformer, but would have to run it backwards which seems dicey, and I question whether it would help.

Engineering manual.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

For several reasons, you need to contact a local electrician to figure out if this can be done safely and to code. We will not be able to help you in a DIY capacity.

Thread is closed.