USA Science Festival: DC Event Info and Other US Science Events

In summary, the conversation is about upcoming science festivals and conferences in the US and the desire to attend and represent Physics Forums at these events. Some of the mentioned events include the USA Science Festival, the World Science Festival, and the WSF Festival Hoogtepunten. The conversation also touches on personal experiences and plans for attending these events.
Going on this weekend in DC. Was anyone able to go? I can't believe I missed it! Next year I'm going to try to get PF a booth!

http://www.usasciencefestival.org/

Does anyone have the scoop on other science fairs/festivals/conferences coming up this year in the US?

Physics news on Phys.org
NY City has one every year, co-organized by Brian Greene.

Zz.

Neil deGrasse Tyson perhaps? :biggrin: :rofl:

Astronuc said:
Neil deGrasse Tyson perhaps? :biggrin: :rofl:

Absolutely! That would be the jackpot!

Greg Bernhardt said:
May 28th! I'm so going! With all my PF gear on! My goal will be to get a photo with a pop scientist.

No!

That starts 2 days before my last day at work, and I've accepted a $1 wager, that I will not show up for work my last day. :cry:

And I've never been to NYC... :cry:

hmmm...

I guess there's always next year.*

*My response when someone told me that Burning Man had sold out all 70,000 tickets in an hour.

OmCheeto said:
And I've never been to NYC... :cry:

Nor have I ever been to Amsterdam...

hmmm...

WSF Festival Hoogtepunten
Sept 6 & 7, 2014

I can make that flight.

:smile:

FYI I found a festival list here
http://www.sciencefestivals.org

I'll be trying to make a few to represent PF! I'll update on the ones I go to when the times comes.

1. What is the USA Science Festival?

The USA Science Festival is a biennial event that celebrates science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) through hands-on activities, interactive exhibits, and presentations from leading scientists and innovators.

2. When and where is the next USA Science Festival?

The next USA Science Festival will take place in Washington, DC from April 23-25, 2021. The festival will be held at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center.

3. Is the USA Science Festival free to attend?

Yes, the USA Science Festival is free and open to the public. However, some events may require pre-registration or have limited seating, so it is recommended to check the festival website for more information.

4. Can anyone participate in the USA Science Festival?

Yes, the festival is open to all ages and welcomes anyone with an interest in science and STEM fields. There are activities and presentations geared towards different age groups, so there is something for everyone.

5. Are there other science events similar to the USA Science Festival?

Yes, there are many science events and festivals held throughout the United States. Some other popular events include the World Science Festival, the San Diego Festival of Science and Engineering, and the Chicago Science Festival.