Very cool factory production line photos

• Thread starter berkeman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Photos
berkeman
Mentor
I almost posted this in the GD Random Photos thread, but I thought folks in this forum would appreciated it more. These photos from the production lines inside factories are very cool, IMO. One of my first summer jobs in high school was in a factory similar to these...

1696896938719.png

1696896966047.png

1696897019882.png

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2023/10/business/american-manufacturing-cnnphotos/

• Love
Likes dlgoff, DaveC426913, Lnewqban and 3 others
Engineering news on Phys.org
Mike, there are a couple of TV shows that I watch, one called Inside the Factory and the other is Food Factories (or something like those two names) and, yeah, the production line pics/vids they show are really fascinating.

I think the most amazing one I've seen was a machine that took raw eggs, in the shell, and at an astonishing rate cracked the shell and separated the whites from the yolks without ever making a mistake.

Likes berkeman
phinds said:
Mike, there are a couple of TV shows that I watch, one called Inside the Factory and the other is Food Factories (or something like those two names) and, yeah, the production line pics/vids they show are really fascinating.
Here, we have a show called 'How It's Made'.
1696991861307.png

Likes berkeman
Yeah, I watch that one too, and like it as well.

DaveC426913 said:
Here, we have a show called 'How It's Made'.
View attachment 333430
What a classic. I wish they aired it more often instead of the naked survival thing or the guys bidding on containers and similar things.

Likes DaveC426913
Juanda said:
What a classic. I wish they aired it more often instead of the naked survival thing or the guys bidding on containers and similar things.
I agree.

Juanda said:
All 24 seasons are available on streaming platforms. Discovery+ even has it with no ads.

• Informative
Likes Juanda

What makes a factory production line photo "very cool"?

A "very cool" factory production line photo typically showcases unique perspectives, impressive technology, or innovative processes. The visual appeal can be enhanced by dynamic lighting, interesting angles, and the capture of movement that conveys the efficiency and complexity of the production line.

What are the best settings to use when photographing factory production lines?

When photographing factory production lines, it's important to use settings that capture the motion and detail clearly. A lower ISO to avoid graininess, a faster shutter speed to freeze motion, and a smaller aperture to ensure depth of field are generally recommended. Additionally, using a tripod can help avoid camera shake in low-light conditions.

How can I get access to photograph a factory production line?

Getting access to photograph a factory production line usually involves obtaining permission from the factory owner or manager. It’s essential to communicate your intent, how the photos will be used, and adhere to any safety and operational protocols the factory has. Building a good relationship and ensuring mutual benefits can facilitate access.

What are some safety tips to follow when taking photos in a factory?

Safety is paramount when photographing in a factory setting. Always wear appropriate safety gear such as helmets, goggles, and ear protection. Follow all safety guidelines, stay clear of moving machinery, and be aware of your surroundings to avoid interrupting the production process or putting yourself at risk.

How can these photos be used effectively in marketing and communications?

Photos of factory production lines can be very effective in marketing and communications by showcasing the technological prowess and operational efficiency of a company. They can be used in annual reports, promotional materials, websites, and social media to build trust and credibility with customers and stakeholders by providing a transparent view of how products are made.