Video: A Trip to Infinity (Sept 26, 2022 on Netflix)

In summary, "A Trip to Infinity" is a one-hour, nineteen-minute documentary that explores the concept of infinity and its implications for the universe. It features interviews with prominent mathematicians, particle physicists, and cosmologists. The cast includes Anthony Aguirre, Stephon Alexander, Eugenia Cheng, Moon Duchin, Kenny Easwaran, Delilah Gates, Rebecca Goldstein, Brian Greene, Janna Levin, Alan Lightman, Carlo Rovelli, and Steve Strogatz. The film has received mixed reviews, with some criticism for its New Age elements.
robphy
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
A Trip to Infinity
https://www.netflix.com/title/81273453 (Sept 26, 2022 on Netflix)

Eminent mathematicians, particle physicists and cosmologists dive into infinity and its mind-bending implications for the universe.
1h 19m
trailer:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21929356/
lists the cast as:
  • Anthony Aguirre
  • Stephon Alexander
  • Eugenia Cheng
  • Moon Duchin
  • Kenny Easwaran
  • Delilah Gates
  • Rebecca Goldstein
  • Brian Greene
  • Janna Levin
  • Alan Lightman
  • Carlo Rovelli
  • Steve Strogatz

Likes berkeman and pinball1970
Physics news on Phys.org
Might be interesting but I'm somewhat put off since at 23 seconds the female narrator at that point asks if infinity is a number and shortly answers probably so. plus some of the other stuff sounds like New Age hoo ha.

• Informative
Likes berkeman
phinds said:
Might be interesting but I'm somewhat put off since at 23 seconds the female narrator at that point asks if infinity is a number and shortly answers probably so. plus some of the other stuff sounds like New Age hoo ha.
That's disappointing. At least you got as far as 23 seconds into trying to watch it; I didn't make it that far but I'm chronically video-lazy...

berkeman said:
That's disappointing. At least you got as far as 23 seconds into trying to watch it; I didn't make it that far but I'm chronically video-lazy...
Oh, I watched the whole thing since it was only a couple of minutes and I was hoping that it would appeal to me but I'll be taking a pass.

Likes berkeman
berkeman said:
I watched it twice, I missed whether it said Hilbert's hotel or Infinity something or other.

1. What is the premise of "Video: A Trip to Infinity"?

"Video: A Trip to Infinity" is a documentary film that explores the concept of infinity and its impact on our understanding of the universe. It follows the journey of a team of scientists as they attempt to unravel the mysteries of infinity through various experiments and theories.

2. When will "Video: A Trip to Infinity" be released on Netflix?

The film is set to be released on September 26, 2022 on Netflix.

3. Who are the scientists featured in "Video: A Trip to Infinity"?

The film features a diverse group of scientists from various fields, including astrophysics, mathematics, and philosophy. Some notable scientists include Neil deGrasse Tyson, Stephen Hawking, and Max Tegmark.

4. Is "Video: A Trip to Infinity" suitable for all ages?

While the film is geared towards a general audience, some concepts and theories discussed may be difficult for younger viewers to understand. Parental guidance is recommended for children under the age of 13.

5. Will "Video: A Trip to Infinity" be available in multiple languages?

Yes, the film will be available in multiple languages on Netflix, including English, Spanish, French, and German. Subtitles will also be available in various languages for non-native speakers.

Back