Video camera in a moving rocket

In summary, the clock in the box records 1 minute of time slower than the actual time it took for the light to travel from the watch to the camera.
Libor
TL;DR Summary
how the recording video would look like?
Lets imagine that I will put the recording camera and ticking clock into a box and so that camera can record this clock all the time ticking. I will put then this box to the speed of 1/2 speed of the light, after a minute of mine I would stop this box and take the camera from it. As it was at that speed, the time for camera was slower, I will notice that camera recorded eg. 51 seconds of video, right? On this recorded video however was recorded 1minute of time. What would I see on that video please?

Physics news on Phys.org
Nearer 52 seconds than 51. Why do you think the video would have a minute of recording? It's just a fancy clock with a memory, so it'll behave the same as the clock it's filming.

Last edited:
Likes russ_watters
Libor said:
... camera can record this clock ...after a minute of mine... recorded 1 minute of time. ...
The camera is recording the clock, not you. Your time is irrelevant to what the camera records.

Libor said:
Summary:: how the recording video would look like?
As it was at that speed, the time for camera was slower,
... and the time for clock in the box was slower also.

cf.
Say another camera in the box keep shooting your watch on the Earth through window. The recording show how much time of your watch? It is more than say 52 seconds ? If so it matches with relativity ? I myself do not have a simple way to answer.

Last edited:
anuttarasammyak said:
The recording show how much time of your watch?
Less, once you've accounted for the light travel time, since the camera cannot be co-located with your watch. I'd suggest that we should see where the OP takes this before adding complexity to the problem.

anuttarasammyak said:
Say another camera in the box keep shooting your watch on the Earth through window. The recording show how much time of your watch? It is more than say 52 seconds ? If so it matches with relativity ? I myself do not have a clear answer on it.
If the camera starts from your location and returns to you, then it will record the full minute on your clock between the meetings. But the rate of your clock as seen on the video might not be uniform.

Thank you for the answers

1. How does a video camera work in a moving rocket?

A video camera in a moving rocket works by capturing images through a lens and converting them into electronic signals. These signals are then processed and recorded onto a storage device, such as a memory card or hard drive. The camera's internal stabilization technology helps to reduce any shaking or vibration caused by the rocket's movement.

2. What type of video camera is typically used in a rocket?

The type of video camera used in a rocket depends on the specific mission and its objectives. However, most video cameras used in rockets are high-definition (HD) or ultra-high-definition (UHD) cameras with advanced features such as high frame rates and low-light capabilities. These cameras are designed to withstand extreme conditions, including high G-forces and vibrations.

3. How is the video footage transmitted from the rocket to Earth?

The video footage captured by the camera is typically transmitted in real-time through a wireless connection, such as a radio frequency (RF) or satellite link. The footage is then received and decoded by a ground station on Earth, which can then be viewed by scientists and engineers.

4. What kind of information can be gathered from the video camera in a moving rocket?

The video camera in a moving rocket can provide valuable information about the rocket's flight trajectory, including acceleration, velocity, and altitude. It can also capture images of the surrounding environment, such as the Earth's curvature, weather patterns, and other objects in space. This information can be used for research purposes and to improve future rocket designs.

5. Are there any challenges in using a video camera in a moving rocket?

Yes, there are several challenges in using a video camera in a moving rocket. The extreme conditions of a rocket launch, including high G-forces, vibrations, and temperature changes, can potentially damage the camera or affect the quality of the footage. Additionally, the camera must be securely mounted and properly aimed to capture the desired images. Data transmission and reception can also be affected by the rocket's movement and distance from Earth.