VOTE Photo Contest - In A Fowl Mood

In summary: I love owls!He is really cute. His nest is about 4 feet higher up in the tree. He climbs down onto that branch and just flaps his wings to beat the band. His downy fluff comes drifting down, that's how I first noticed him. By dusk he climbs back to the nest, and waits for dinner.In summary, the voting is going to be tough because of all the gorgeous pictures submitted, but you have to vote for one. The winner is Mech_Engineer's rusty birds because it captures both fowl and foul humour at the same time.

VOTE PF Photo Contest - In A Fowl Mood

• Janus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mech_Engineer

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • matthyaouw

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Ms Music

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • turbo-1

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • hypatia

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • edward

• binzing

• Integral

• larkspur

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
This week's voting is going to be tough because of all the gorgeous pictures submitted. Still, you have to vote for one. Please choose a picture that best represents our feathered friends.

1. Janus
http://home.earthlink.net/~jparvey/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/seagulls.jpg

2. Mech_Engineer
Pidgeon.jpg

3. matthyaouw
2641031739_da6b325a5f.jpg

4. Ms Music
326578627.jpg

5. turbo-1
merganser-1.jpg

6. hypatia
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/hypatia3811/babyowl8.jpg

7. edward
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/102/1000138ba5.jpg

8. binzing
rsz_Whoopi.jpg

9. Integral
jonathon025a.jpg

10. larkspur
2409260950_ab89075134.jpg

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=245767"

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I love owls!

He is really cute. His nest is about 4 feet higher up in the tree. He climbs down onto that branch and just flaps his wings to beat the band. His downy fluff comes drifting down, that's how I first noticed him. By dusk he climbs back to the nest, and waits for dinner.

Hypatia's owl is adorable, but Mech_Engineer's rusty birds looks so tough that he gets my vote :smile:

Once again, it's a beautiful selection of images. Y'all are wonderful at capturing just the best shots. I went with Mech_Engineer, though, because that fowl captures both fowl and foul humour at the same time. Very clever. :biggrin:

I'm protesting...there are too many good choices and I can't pick just one, so I'm not voting. :biggrin: (At least not yet...I absolutely can't choose at all.)

I know, sometimes I forget to vote before the poll closes because I can't decide. We should have categories, like waterfowl, nocturnal birds, young birds, colored birds, eating birds, strange birds...

Evo said:
I know, sometimes I forget to vote before the poll closes because I can't decide. We should have categories, like waterfowl, nocturnal birds, young birds, colored birds, eating birds, strange birds...

Yes, put each picture in it's own category, then we can each vote for all of them!

I liked the reflections and water patterns in turbo's photo. They fit well with the merganser's colors, and the shoreline blended with the water too. So that got my vote.

Tough choice as always. I love Turbo's grebe (is it a grebe?) and Integral's baby swallow. In the end I had to go with Larkspur's colourful wee things. What are they?

matthyaouw said:
What are they?

Bluebirds.

Larkspur picture is technically absolutely perfect, that always catches attention, but it is cold, still life. Hypatia's and Janus pictures are technically rather weak, but they are full of emotions. And then there are plenty of other pictures that better fit just the subject of the contest (I had to check 'fowl' in the dictionary, looks like bloodthirsty ninja chicken with red eyes will fit best).

Hard job deciding.

Last edited:
You have less than 2 days left to vote in this very difficult contest. So make up your mind soon if you haven't done so already. :)

Zz.

1. What is the "VOTE PF Photo Contest"?

The "VOTE PF Photo Contest" is a competition organized by the PF (Poultry Farmers) Association to showcase and celebrate the beauty of poultry in their natural environment.

2. What is the theme of the contest?

The theme of the contest is "In A Fowl Mood", which encourages participants to capture the various moods and emotions of poultry in their photographs.

3. How can I participate in the contest?

To participate in the contest, you must be a member of the PF Association and submit your photograph through the official contest website. The photograph must be original and comply with the contest rules.

4. Who can vote in the contest?

Anyone can vote in the contest, as long as they have access to the contest website and are not a participant in the competition.

5. What are the prizes for the winners of the contest?

The top three winners of the contest will receive cash prizes, and their photographs will be featured in the PF Association's annual calendar. Additionally, all participants will receive a certificate of participation.