VOTE Photo Contest - Numerology

In summary, the conversation is about a forum contest where participants have submitted pictures that represent the theme of numbers. The entries include photos of books, calculators, and other objects related to numbers. The conversation includes comments and opinions on each of the entries, with Borek's photo ultimately being chosen as the best representation of the theme. The conversation also briefly mentions mbrmbrg's entry and their identity being remembered.

VOTE PF Photo Contest - Numerology

• Mororvia

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • larkspur

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moonbear

• JasonRox

• ZapperZ

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Borek

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • edward

• hypatia

• mbrmbrg

• matthyaouw

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Please vote for the picture that best represents our theme - Numbers.

1. Mororvia
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/1756/265tz8.jpg

2. larkspur
2818997342_4d8215797f_o.jpg

3. Moonbear
eastcoastmemorial.jpg

4. JasonRox
http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/3991/img0234vy6.jpg

5. ZapperZ
IMG_2719.jpg

6. Borek
numerki.jpg

7. edward
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/4514/1000628jpgmeterjm7.jpg

8. hypatia
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/hypatia3811/school.jpg

9. mbrmbrg
2008-06-13011-1.jpg

10. matthyaouw
biked.jpg

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=252643".

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I didn't see mbrmbrg's entry in the original thread. :rofl: Just love his expression while concentrating on taking the photo.

This is a tough one, with such diversity of entries. But, I think I'm going with Borek. I think he's fully captured the theme best.

I love Borek's picture: what the heck is that book :tongue2:

cristo said:
I love Borek's picture: what the heck is that book :tongue2:

Math handbook, these particular pages are tables of ex, e-x, sinh(x), cosh(x), tgh(x), sin(x), cos(x) & tg(x). Back in 70-ies and 80-ies we used these a lot, even if those on the western side of iron courtain already started to use calculators.

Yeah, Borek, I really like how your photo covers half a decade of obsession with numbers :)

And thanks, Moonbear!

I really like the stylised look of matthyaouw's image. And yes, mbrmbrg's expression is priceless.

Had to go with Borek. Nice, especially on this forum :cool: . But mbrmbrg's concentration is great - love that tongue!

You have barely 2 days left to vote in this contest.

Zz.

Last day to vote, but it looks like no one will be able to catch Borek and his log book!

Zz.

I thought mbrmbrg was female?

Evo said:
I thought mbrmbrg was female?

Oooh, somebody remembered!
Guess this is not exactly the ideal dating picture, eh? :tongue2:

1. What is the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Numerology" about?

The "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Numerology" is a photography contest organized by the PF (Photo Forum) community to showcase the beauty and power of numerology through photographs. It is open to all photographers, both amateurs and professionals, and aims to promote creativity and cultural exchange through the lens of numerology.

2. How can I participate in the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Numerology"?

To participate in the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Numerology", you need to join the PF community and submit your photograph that showcases the theme of numerology. The submission process and guidelines can be found on the PF website. Make sure to follow all instructions and deadlines to ensure your entry is considered.

3. How will the winners of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Numerology" be selected?

The winners of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Numerology" will be selected through a voting process by the PF community. All members of the community can vote for their favorite photograph that best captures the essence of numerology. The photograph with the most votes will be declared the winner.

4. What are the prizes for the winners of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Numerology"?

The prizes for the winners of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Numerology" will be announced on the PF website. Previous contests have included cash prizes, photography equipment, and recognition from the PF community. The exact prizes for this specific contest will be revealed at a later date.

5. Can I submit more than one photograph for the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Numerology"?

Yes, you can submit multiple photographs for the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Numerology". However, each photograph must be submitted as a separate entry and must follow all submission guidelines. Only one photograph per participant will be eligible for the voting process.