Walmart will exchange gift cards from 200 other retailers

In summary, Walmart is getting into the gift card exchange business and is offering a very good deal.
edward
There have been several other smaller companies doing this for a few years now. It looks like Walmart is getting into it big time. I checked and my $100 Home Depot card is worth $87 at Walmart. How can I resist a deal kike that?

Walmart is offering a very interesting gift card exchange starting 12/25. You can exchange gift cards from over 200 other merchants for a Walmart gift card.

Beginning December 25, you can go to walmart.cardcash.com/ and get an offer of up to 97% of the value of the card to exchange it for a Walmart e-gift card. For instance, you can get 95% of the face value of an Amazon gift card and 85% of a Gap gift card.

If you want to accept their offer, you will then enter the information from the other merchant's gift card. Once they verify the balance, you will receive a Walmart e-gift card via e-mail. The gift card can be used at Walmart.com, Samsclub.com, Walmart stores and Neighborhood Markets (print it out and hand it to the cashier), and Sam’s Club (print it out and hand it to the cashier).

http://www.wral.com/walmart-offering-gift-card-exchange-option-starting-12-25/14306280/

Physics news on Phys.org
I expect to see a pic of some gizmo you've made from your card purchases. :cool:

Weird, but I guess taking a loss might make sense if you either have no use for the other retailer's merchandise, or you save enough on something at Walmart to make up for the loss. I'm careful shopping at Walmart, a lot of their products cost more than at other stores, and I am talking everyday prices, not a sale, but they carry products I like that other stores don't carry. Oddly, Walmart carries more high quality and gourmet foods than even the high end overpriced store here.

Evo said:
Oddly, Walmart carries more high quality and gourmet foods than even the high end overpriced store here.
Yep. For me, it's the Wright thick Smoked Bacon.

Likes Evo
dlgoff said:
Yep. For me, it's the Wright thick Smoked Bacon.
Ooh, I'll have to check that out.

Likes dlgoff
Evo said:
Ooh, I'll have to check that out.
The "Zip-Lock" packaging is a plus.

Just hang out in Home Depot and sell it to someone buying a lot for $95. Let them come with you while an employee verifies the amount on the card or something. Don't just give Wal-Mart $13 so easily.

dlgoff said:
The "Zip-Lock" packaging is a plus.
Ooh, I've never understood the bad packaging of bacon.

Me either. What a mess.

1. How does Walmart's gift card exchange program work?

Walmart's gift card exchange program allows customers to trade in gift cards from over 200 other retailers for a Walmart eGift card. Customers can visit the designated website, enter the details of their gift card, and receive an offer from Walmart. If the offer is accepted, the customer will receive a Walmart eGift card for the value of their original gift card.

2. Is there a limit to the value of gift cards that can be exchanged?

There is no set limit to the value of gift cards that can be exchanged through Walmart's program. However, the offer for the exchange may vary depending on the value and popularity of the original gift card.

3. Are there any fees associated with exchanging gift cards at Walmart?

There are no fees associated with exchanging gift cards at Walmart. However, customers should be aware that the offer for the exchange may be slightly lower than the value of the original gift card.

4. Can I exchange a partially used gift card?

Yes, customers can exchange partially used gift cards through Walmart's program. However, the value of the exchange may be adjusted to reflect the remaining balance on the original gift card.

5. Can I exchange a gift card for cash instead of a Walmart eGift card?

No, Walmart's gift card exchange program only offers a Walmart eGift card as the exchange option. However, this eGift card can be used to make purchases at any Walmart store or online.