What analysis was done on Mike Lindell's election data?

In summary: But I don't know if that's actually true or not.There is no information that I have found that confirms this.The expert who won the arbitration was able to disprove that the data was false because he was able to decode the data.
FactChecker
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
2023 Award
TL;DR Summary
Does anyone know what data analysis the computer expert did to win Lindell's $5 million challenge?
Mike Lindell offered a 5 million $ challenge to anyone who could prove that his election data was false. A computer expert won an arbitration decision that he had proven it. He thought that it would take a long time, or be impossible, but he says that it did not take long at all. Does anyone know what he did to prove it? The options that I can think of are:
1) The data was encoded and he decoded it to show that it was not election data.
2) He could show statistically or numerically that the data did not add up.
3) He could show some way that the data had been modified.
I can not find information other than reports that the expert was awarded the prize. But I do not know where to search for scientific details.

Technology news on Phys.org
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/mike-lindell-ordered-pay-5m-losing-election-data-challenge-rcna80644 said:
But the "Red Team" of experts assembled by Lindell had their own concerns about the data, the ruling said, and members of the team "protested that the data was not at all what they expected."

"They had expected to be provided with packet capture data that could be examined and authenticated to evaluate whether the data files provided were genuine or had been tampered with or altered," the filing said. But that was not what they received.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dominion-fox-news-what-is-libel/ said:
Zeidman, who said he voted twice for Trump and describes himself as a conservative Republican, said some of the data from Lindell amounted to "a simple Word document and a table" that had been made "to look sophisticated, and it wasn't." Part of the document included IP addresses — a unique address that identifies a device on the internet — that Zeidman said were "meaningless."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2023/04/20/mike-lindell-prove-wrong-contest/ said:
Lindell’s claims that he had packet captures intrigued Zeidman, who has served as an expert for tech firms in intellectual property lawsuits. Describing himself as a “reasonable” and “moderate conservative” who voted twice for Donald Trump, Zeidman told the arbitration panel he was skeptical of Lindell’s claims. But he said he also did not believe Lindell would promote unvetted data, so he thought the conference could offer a “great chance to see history in the making, perhaps an election overturned.”

At the event, Zeidman received the contest rules. There was no mention of disproving Chinese interference, according to contest forms submitted in the arbitration case. Rather, winners would have to prove that the data provided “does NOT reflect information related to the November 2020 election.”

[...]

The files provided to Zeidman and other experts were primarily text or PDF files. Zeidman testified that one was a flow chart purporting to show how elections generally work. Another, when unencrypted, was a list of internet IP addresses, and others were enormous files of what appeared to Zeidman to be random numbers and letters.

The packet captures that Lindell had promised were nowhere to be found, according to Zeidman.

Zeidman laid out his findings in a 15-page report. “I have proven that the data Lindell provides … unequivocally does not contain packet data of any kind and do not contain any information related to the November 2020 election,” he wrote.

Likes berkeman and FactChecker
Thanks! It sounds like it was a hodge-podge of data that had a variety of problems, showing that it was not what Lindell claimed.

What was the provenance of the pillow-guy data files? Did Mr Zeidman actual receive payment following the ajudication?

hutchphd said:
What was the provenance of the pillow-guy data files? Did Mr Zeidman actual receive payment following the ajudication?
The provenance of the data is very questionable. It seems that the data Lindell gave to be examined was a hodge-podge collection (see @jack action 's post #2). The reason I asked was that the arbitration decision happened today and said that Lindell will have to pay $5 million. It is all in a contract that Lindell entered into specifying the arbitration. It is expected that Lindell will go to court to fight the decision. Some people seem skeptical that Lindell will win because it is all according to the contract that he had written up.

• Informative
Likes hutchphd
According to what I read today, it's very doubtful that Lindell will ever actually pay out any of the $5 mil because he's in debt and just took out a $10 mil loan to keep his company afloat.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...e-defending-election-fraud-claims-1234697700/

BUT ... keep in mind that that's what HE said, and he's not the most reliable guy (total fruitcake) and could he be exaggerating (lying through his teeth) about the debt.

Likes CalcNerd and FactChecker
phinds said:
According to what I read today, it's very doubtful that Lindell will ever actually pay out any of the $5 mil because he's in debt and just took out a $10 mil loan to keep his company afloat.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...e-defending-election-fraud-claims-1234697700/

BUT ... keep in mind that that's what HE said, and he's not the most reliable guy (total fruitcake) and could he be exaggerating (lying through his teeth) about the debt.
A lot of people who are going to lose big court cases go into debt to companies that they secretly own.

FactChecker said:
A lot of people who are going to lose big court cases go into debt to companies that they secretly own.
I'm not clear on what relevance that has to this case since Lindell publicly owns MyPillow.

phinds said:
I'm not clear on what relevance that has to this case since Lindell publicly owns MyPillow.
Yes. But MyPillow might run up large bills to companies that are secretly owned by Lindell. He might try what Alex Jones is suspected of doing. Since the billion $ judgment against Alex Jones and InfoWars, Jones filed for bankruptcy and is suspected of trying to shift his wealth to other companies (but he is being closely watched).

• Informative
Likes phinds
But no patriotic citizen would do these things! Shocked, I am.

• Haha
Likes phyzguy, berkeman and FactChecker
I guess we should limit political comments here. I hope I didn't start something bad. But I can not help making one more post:
casablanca-shocked.gif

• Haha
Likes phinds
glad you got the reference........I never know........'nuf said.........

Last edited:

1. What kind of data analysis was performed on Mike Lindell's election data?

The analysis done on Mike Lindell's election data was primarily a statistical analysis. This involved examining the data for patterns, trends, and anomalies in order to draw conclusions about the election results. It may have also included data visualization techniques to help better understand the data.

2. Who conducted the analysis on Mike Lindell's election data?

The analysis on Mike Lindell's election data was conducted by Lindell himself, along with a team of data analysts and experts hired by him. The team included mathematicians, data scientists, and other professionals with experience in election data analysis.

3. What were the key findings from the analysis of Mike Lindell's election data?

The key findings from the analysis of Mike Lindell's election data were that there were alleged irregularities and discrepancies in the election data, which Lindell believes could have affected the outcome of the election. These findings were presented in a documentary released by Lindell, titled "Absolute Proof". However, these findings have been disputed by election officials and experts.

4. What methods were used in the analysis of Mike Lindell's election data?

The methods used in the analysis of Mike Lindell's election data were not fully disclosed, but it is believed that they included statistical analysis, data mining, and data visualization techniques. Lindell has also claimed to have used algorithms and machine learning in his analysis.

5. Has the analysis of Mike Lindell's election data been peer-reviewed?

No, the analysis of Mike Lindell's election data has not been peer-reviewed. It has only been presented by Lindell and his team of experts, and has not been independently verified by other scientists or experts. As such, the validity and accuracy of the analysis have been called into question by many in the scientific community.