What are some books for learning the techniques of Calculus?

In summary: But that’s just 116 pages long book which just contains personal ways of solving the problems. Can you please cite some more books?Click on the 'Books' link -- 17 books are listed there -- I liked the logic exposition in #10.
Adesh
We have so many great books available for Calculus, such as : Spivak's Calculus, Stewart Calculus, Thomas Calculus , Gilbert Strang's Calculus, Apostol's Calculus etc.
These books are very nice but they teach you the concepts well and all the standard techniques that are available for solving the Calculus problems. What I'm looking for is a book which focuses on some techniques for solving the problems, by this I mean techniques like those differentiation under integral sign (Feynman's Technique) (I want to add a little side note over here, somewhere I read that Feynman said that he got a book on calculus which taught that technique of differentiation under integral sign but his Professor never taught that technique and hence he was better at integration than his class fellows). One more technique which I can mention is L'Hopital's rule.
So, which book should I go for if I want to learn the kinds of techniques which I have mentioned above and of course many others assuming that my concepts are clear (I can say my concepts are clear only for academics otherwise there lies a whole philosophy of calculus to read about).
Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
My first calculus text was Strang's, and it included L'Hopital's Rule. It also included numerous bibliographic references to more advanced literature. And the math professor was a physicist. :cool:

sysprog said:
My first calculus text was Strang's, and it included L'Hopital's Rule. It also included numerous bibliographic references to more advanced literature. And the math professor was a physicist. :cool:
What’s your personal recommendation from those references listed there?

Click on the 'Books' link -- 17 books are listed there -- I liked the logic exposition in #10.

1. What is Calculus?

Calculus is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of change and motion. It is used to solve problems involving rates of change, accumulation, and optimization.

2. Why is Calculus important?

Calculus is important because it provides a powerful set of tools for solving real-world problems in fields such as physics, engineering, economics, and statistics. It also serves as the foundation for higher-level mathematics courses.

3. What are some good books for learning Calculus?

Some popular books for learning the techniques of Calculus include "Calculus: Early Transcendentals" by James Stewart, "Calculus" by Michael Spivak, and "Calculus Made Easy" by Silvanus P. Thompson. These books are widely used in college-level Calculus courses and provide a comprehensive understanding of the subject.

4. Do I need a strong math background to learn Calculus?

While a strong foundation in algebra and trigonometry is helpful, it is not necessary to have a strong math background to learn Calculus. With dedication and practice, anyone can learn the techniques of Calculus.

5. Are there any online resources for learning Calculus?

Yes, there are many online resources available for learning Calculus, such as Khan Academy, Coursera, and MIT OpenCourseWare. These resources offer free video lectures, practice problems, and interactive tools to help you learn Calculus at your own pace.