What are some popular TV shows recommended by a scientist?

• MHB
  • Thread starter Jameson
  • Start date
  • Tags
    watch
In summary, my favorite show right now is Breaking Bad. Highly recommend it. The first few seasons of Dexter were amazing but the show has gone downhill. Also recently on BBC there has been the best version of Sherlock Holmes I have ever seen. Shameless and Californication (both on Showtime) and finally The Big Bang Theory. A few more shows I watch when I can: House, The Mentalist and The Office (yuck).
I once watched The Big Bang Theory but I didn't like it . The best thing I've ever watched is Prison Break , this is some thing special !.

Physics news on Phys.org
Jameson said:
Nothing? C'mon I don't believe that. When I say "watch TV" I really mean the next day on my computer. Watching live TV seems silly to me now because of wasted time for commercials unless it's something that cannot wait until tomorrow to witness or isn't fun anymore.

I agree that adding characters on TBBT weakened the idea of the show and Penny's character. The two female additions are brilliant, accomplished and more or less able to interact socially with others. Penny hasn't changed much comparatively and there's not much to do with her character.

All shows start getting bad eventually. I'll be curious to see if they admit it and wrap the series within a couple years or milk it for as long as possible.

Knowing Chuck Lorry's choice of stretching 2 and a half men to the unreasonable limit, I know that TBBT will last a decade more until there is no more profit and the show is a piece of garbage.

TBBT has a spectacular premise. It could be a landmark in television, not the way it already is _ by bringing nerdiness out of the closet and celebrating science _ but in terms of writing.

Look at Seinfeld. It was 3 guys and a chick in New York, one of them was a stand up comedian. The premise was ordinary. But the writing was so briliant that it is the best sitcom ever made.

Curb your Enthusiasm, Seinfeld, the old BBT, HIMYM, Justice League, He-man and the Masters of the universe, Batman, basically any super hero cartoon show. '

Basically any show that is light hearted and entertaining.

I stray away from any show that portrays the difficult issues of life like death, mortality, etc...

I watch the Big Bang Theory, Mad Men (Glued to it!), It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Friends, and Seinfeld.;)

The last 8 episodes of Breaking Bad start this Sunday. It's definitely not a show for children, so I won't go into the details of the show but I've never been so excited for a TV show to premier. I wish I could sleep from now until 9pm tomorrow! :)

I like Person Of Interest and Downton Abbey now waiting for new season to begin. Don't have cable so I'm excited NBC is going to be showing Barcley's Premier League every Saturday starting August 17.

Recently I've rediscovered the old KOJAK which i had not seen before , Telly Savalas and the supporting cast are excellent!

Who loves you baby? -KOJAK

:)