What are some recommended resources for learning general physics with calculus?

In summary, the person is looking for a textbook or online pdf on general physics with calculus, specifically Halliday and Resnick's Physics I and II. However, they were unable to find an affordable copy in good condition. The person providing the response suggests checking Amazon, where they have Parts 1 and 2 for $12 or less. They also mention that Resnick and Halliday is generally recommended for high school to first year college levels, but they will look for another book for the individual's specific case.
Gene Naden
Looking for a textbook or online pdf on general physics with calculus. I looked for Halliday and Resnick's Physics I and II from my past but did not find an affordable copy in good condition. If it includes advanced material, that is OK.

Physics news on Phys.org
Amazon has what you need. Halliday and Resnick's, Parts 1 and 2, for 12 dollars or less. Here's the link.

Can you say which level you're looking for?

Resnick and Halliday is the book that is generally referred for general physics for levels of high school to first years in college. I'll have to search for another book for your case.

Related to What are some recommended resources for learning general physics with calculus?

What is general physics with calculus?

General physics with calculus is a branch of physics that applies the principles of calculus to study and explain the physical world and its phenomena. It involves using mathematical techniques to analyze and solve problems related to motion, forces, energy, and other fundamental concepts of physics.

What are the prerequisites for studying general physics with calculus?

To study general physics with calculus, students should have a strong foundation in algebra, trigonometry, and basic calculus. It is also helpful to have a good understanding of key physics concepts such as motion, forces, and energy.

What are some real-life applications of general physics with calculus?

General physics with calculus has many real-life applications, including understanding the motion of objects and predicting their behavior, designing structures and machines, and developing technologies like lasers, satellites, and medical imaging devices.

What are the benefits of studying general physics with calculus?

Studying general physics with calculus can help develop critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, and a deeper understanding of the natural world. It can also open up career opportunities in fields such as engineering, research, and technology.

Is general physics with calculus difficult to learn?

General physics with calculus can be challenging, but it is also a very rewarding subject. With dedication and practice, anyone can learn and understand the concepts and applications of this branch of physics.