What are the Benefits of Neurodiversity in Engineering?

• Thread starter Mr Nobody
  • Start date
In summary, neurodiversity in engineering has many benefits including increased creativity, problem-solving abilities, and diversity of perspectives. People with neurodiverse brains also tend to have strong attention to detail and can excel in tasks that require intense focus. Embracing neurodiversity in the engineering field can lead to better innovation, more inclusive work environments, and improved overall performance. Additionally, accommodating and valuing neurodivergent individuals can promote a more diverse and accepting society. Overall, incorporating neurodiversity in engineering can bring numerous advantages and should be embraced by the industry.
Mr Nobody
How did you find PF?
Via Google search.
Hello everyone,
I'm a 50 year old engineer in the Rail Industry (Rolling Stock Maintenance).
I am proficient in Mechanical, Electrical, Pneumatic and Fluid Dynamic Principle Engineering.

I have Asperger Syndrome and ADHD, which form part of the Autistic Spectrum. Although perceived as a disability, I would not be the engineer I am today without it, so see it as a positive.

I like tinkering and making things. I also take enjoyment and satisfaction in fixing anything, even though it doesn't always work out :doh:

In my youth I used to restore old 1950's & 1960's Air Cooled Volkswagens, which was before my children came along and had more disposable time 😆😆

Anyway, take care and I look forward to having a chat 👍

Likes Jim Lai and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum.