What Are the Bounds of g(t) and Solutions for Complex Equations in Trigonometry?

In summary, the conversation is about two math problems. The first problem involves proving a inequality for a given function and the second problem involves solving an equation and finding the functions of a given variable. The person is asking for help and suggests that knowledge of calculus may be useful. They also provide a tip for solving the first problem by equating the left-hand side to 0.
Danielll
Hi I've been working on my assignment for ages and am down to the last two questions (finally) which I've been working on for ages and can't work out.

1. For g(t) = 2sint+cos2t over 0 <(equal to or greater than) x < (equal to or greater than) 4pi
show that -3 < g(t) < 3/2 (< greater than or equal to) for all t.

2.a) For x and y real, solve the equation iy/(1+ix) - (3y + 5i)/(3x + y) = 0
b) Z = (1 + iw)/(1 + iw - w^2). Assume w > (greater than or equal to). Find and then sketh |Z| and arg Z as functions of w.

I really need help with these asap. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Do you know calculus?It might help for the first problem...

As for 2a),by equating to 0 the # in the LHS,u'll get a system for "x" and "y".

Daniel.

Hi there,

I understand your frustration and the urgency in needing help with your assignment. I am happy to assist you with these questions.

1. To show that -3 < g(t) < 3/2 for all t, we can use the fact that the maximum value of sin t and cos 2t is 1. Therefore, the maximum value of g(t) is 2+1 = 3. Similarly, the minimum value of sin t and cos 2t is -1, so the minimum value of g(t) is 2-1 = 1. This means that -3 < g(t) < 3 for all t. To show that g(t) is also less than or equal to 3/2, we can use the fact that the maximum value of sin t and the minimum value of cos 2t is 1/2. This means that the maximum value of g(t) is 2+1/2 = 5/2, which is less than 3. Therefore, we can conclude that -3 < g(t) < 3/2 for all t.

2.a) To solve the equation iy/(1+ix) - (3y + 5i)/(3x + y) = 0, we can rearrange the equation to get: iy(3x+y) - (3y+5i)(1+ix) = 0. Expanding the brackets, we get: 3ixy + iy^2 - 3y - 5i - 3xy - 5ix = 0. Simplifying, we get: (3x-1)y + (x+1)y^2 - 5i = 0. This is a quadratic equation in terms of y, so we can use the quadratic formula to solve for y. Plugging in the values, we get: y = (-3x+1 +/- sqrt((3x-1)^2 + 4(x+1)5i))/(2(x+1)). This gives us two solutions for y, which we can substitute back into the original equation to solve for x.

b) To find |Z| and arg Z as functions of w, we first need to simplify Z. We can use the fact that (a+b)(a-b) = a^2 - b^2 to simplify the denominator. This gives us: Z = (1 +

Related to What Are the Bounds of g(t) and Solutions for Complex Equations in Trigonometry?

1. What is the purpose of the "Help Needed: Complex & Circ Functions ASAP" project?

The purpose of this project is to seek assistance from individuals who have knowledge and expertise in complex and circular functions. The project may involve completing certain tasks or solving problems related to these functions.

2. Who can participate in this project?

Anyone with a background in complex and circular functions can participate in this project. This may include scientists, mathematicians, engineers, or anyone with a strong understanding of these functions.

3. What kind of help is needed for this project?

The help needed for this project may vary, but it typically involves solving complex problems or providing insights and solutions related to circular and complex functions. This may also include creating algorithms or analyzing data related to these functions.

4. Is there a deadline for this project?

As the project title suggests, help is needed ASAP, so there may be a deadline for completing the tasks. However, this may vary depending on the specific tasks and the availability of helpers.

5. How can I get involved in this project?

If you have the necessary knowledge and skills, you can get involved in this project by reaching out to the project organizer or leaving a comment expressing your interest in helping with the project. You may also be able to find more information about the project and its specific needs by contacting the organizer.