What are the job prospects for a Bachelor's in Physics in Pakistan?

In summary: I think that is the best option. You can always do a post graduate diploma in physics which would allows you to do an Msc.
Moazin Khatri
I'm from Pakistan. I'm currently in 12th grade. It's time that I decide which program to do bachelors in. My interests are always changing. I've some basic experience in computer programming. Physics has always interested me. But in the recent years I have become extremely enthusiastic about Physics. Especially theoretical Physics. I would love to do bachelors in Physics. But I have some concerns as well.
I live in Pakistan which is not a developed country. It's hard to get jobs here in Pakistan. Especially in a field like Physics. My father is in his 40s. He is a doctor and earning well right now but in future I would have to support my family. If I choose to do bachelors in Physics, I would have to do Masters and PhD too in order to get a good job at a good university. I can go that far but the problem is job scope narrows down. Are there any jobs a graduate in physics can do? apart from lectureship?
There is an alternative. I can do Electrical Engineering. and after I complete my bachelors if I like I can go to fields like Robotics or if I like I believe its possible to pursue a masters in Physics too. Am I right?
Please help me guys. Would be really grateful. Tell me what can one do if he/she has a bachelors degree in physics. Or masters... can one master in physics after doing EE?

Physics news on Phys.org
Moazin Khatri said:
can one master in physics after doing EE?

Depends on the university, I guess. In my country (Belgium), such a thing is not possible. Perhaps it is possible here if you agree on taking a prep year, I don't know.
In other universities in other countries, the situation might be very different. I have heard at least one story of somebody pulling it off (but that is anecdotal evidence). You should do your own research towards universities to see which would allow it, and under which conditions.

Likes WWGD
Moazin Khatri said:
. Or masters... can one master in physics after doing EE?

Why don't you email some of the people in schools you are interested into find out? Go to the webpages and look for info, and if you can't find the reply email someone there.

Good idea. Thanks

No physics is not a good choice for the money..opportunity cost of remaining in academia for 10 or so years is engineers salary progression of roughly about half that time. Yes you can always do a post graduate diploma in physics which would allows you to do an Msc.

That is the best option IMO and many people have done it. It will take roughly 3 years I imagine to do the diploma + masters.

1. What factors should I consider when selecting a bachelor program?

When selecting a bachelor program, you should consider factors such as your interests, career goals, academic strengths, program curriculum, and potential job opportunities after graduation.

2. How do I know which bachelor program is right for me?

The best way to determine which bachelor program is right for you is to research the different programs available, consider your interests and strengths, and consult with academic advisors or career counselors for guidance.

3. Can I switch my bachelor program after starting it?

Yes, it is possible to switch your bachelor program after starting it, but it may require additional time and effort to complete the new program requirements. It's important to carefully consider your decision and consult with academic advisors before making any changes.

4. What should I look for in a bachelor program's curriculum?

In a bachelor program's curriculum, you should look for courses that align with your interests and career goals, as well as opportunities for hands-on experience, internships, and research projects. It's also important to consider the program's accreditation and the reputation of the university.

5. How important is the reputation of the university when selecting a bachelor program?

The reputation of the university can be an important factor to consider when selecting a bachelor program, as it can impact future job opportunities and graduate school admissions. However, it should not be the only factor considered, as the quality of the program and its curriculum are also important. It's important to research and compare different universities and programs to find the best fit for you.