What are the latest STEM toys on the market?

• Thread starter jedishrfu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stem
In summary, the Clicbot robotics toy is a pricey but cool toy that is easy to assemble and has a Scratch programming interface, as well as a more advanced Python-based interface. There are several reviews available online to see its capabilities. Additionally, the Spintronics toy from the Turing Tumble company is also quite cool, although not looked into in detail yet. The Eyeclops is a handheld digital microscope that connects to a computer monitor and allows for detailed viewing of small objects, such as the "mystery snails" with bright orange dots that are not visible to the naked eye.
Clicbot robotics toy (pricey at $1000 but quite cool):

whats cool is its easy to assemble, has a Scratch programming interface and a more advanced Python-based interface.

There are several reviews online to checkout and to see its actual capabilities.

I also found this cool toy from the Turing Tumble folks called Spintronics:

I haven't looked in detail but its quite cool too.

Likes DennisN and Borg
Physics news on Phys.org
Oh! Oh! Oh!

(Sorry, when I get excited my inner Horshak shows!)

Allow me to recommend the Eyeclops!

It's a handheld digital microscope that links to your computer monitor! I bought one for myself five years ago.

Found out the little quarter inch "mystery snails" are covered with bright orange dots not at all discernable with the naked eye, but easily seen when blown up to two feet long!

• Haha
Likes Klystron and jedishrfu

What are "New STEM Toys on the Market"?

"New STEM Toys on the Market" refer to the latest educational toys that focus on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). These toys are designed to promote critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and hands-on learning in children.

Why are STEM toys important?

STEM toys are important because they help children develop important skills such as logical thinking, creativity, and teamwork. These toys also encourage children to explore and learn about the world around them, making learning more fun and engaging.

What age group are STEM toys suitable for?

STEM toys are suitable for children of all ages, but they are most beneficial for children between the ages of 3-12 years. These toys can be tailored to different age groups and skill levels, making them suitable for a wide range of children.

What types of STEM toys are available on the market?

There are various types of STEM toys available on the market, including building sets, coding toys, science experiment kits, robotics kits, and more. These toys come in different forms and levels of complexity, catering to the interests and abilities of different children.

How do STEM toys benefit children?

STEM toys provide numerous benefits for children, such as promoting critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and creativity. These toys also help children develop a love for learning and can potentially lead to future careers in STEM fields. Additionally, playing with STEM toys can improve hand-eye coordination, motor skills, and spatial awareness in children.