What can I add to a Taekwondo body protector scoring systeme to be more stable?

Anas Benti
Homework Statement
i have a school research, that i have to give at the end of this year
Relevant Equations
there is no equations yet, only physical research
I am developing a Taekwondo body protector scoring system using a textile piezoelectric sensor. The sensor is designed to detect mechanical force and convert it into an electrical charge. However, it is sensitive to temperature variations, leading to potential inaccuracies and instability in the system. External factors, such as changes in room temperature and the player's body heat after sweating, can impact the sensor's performance.

I have the following questions:

**How can I enhance the temperature stability of the system to mitigate the impact of convection, conduction, and radiation? Are there tools available that can provide comprehensive temperature stability simultaneously?

**If there is no tool that provides this level of temperature stability, can I implement an alternative approach? For instance, could I integrate a temperature sensor and then combine the information from the piezoelectric sensor and the temperature sensor to correct the piezoelectric output?

**Which method is the most effective among the options mentioned? If you have any alternative methods that you believe would be superior, I would appreciate your insights. This research is crucial for my academic year-end project, and I thank you for your attention!

Physics news on Phys.org
It depends how temperature affects its behaviour. If it simply stops working above some feasible temperature there's obviously no way forward. Do you have data on it?

1. What is the purpose of a Taekwondo body protector scoring system?

A Taekwondo body protector scoring system is used to accurately track and record points scored during a sparring match. It is designed to protect the competitors from injury while also providing a fair and unbiased method of scoring.

2. What are the current limitations of the Taekwondo body protector scoring system?

One limitation of the current system is that it relies on sensors that can be easily triggered by accidental contact, leading to inaccurate scoring. Additionally, the placement of the sensors on the body protector may not always align with the actual contact points, resulting in missed points.

3. Can additional sensors be added to improve the stability of the scoring system?

Yes, additional sensors can be added to the body protector to improve the stability of the scoring system. These sensors can be strategically placed to align with the contact points and reduce the likelihood of accidental triggering.

4. Are there any other technologies that can be incorporated into the scoring system for stability?

Yes, there are other technologies that can be incorporated into the scoring system to improve stability. For example, motion sensors or pressure sensors can be used to detect and accurately record contact between the competitors.

5. How can the stability of the scoring system be tested and evaluated?

The stability of the scoring system can be tested and evaluated through rigorous testing and data analysis. This can include simulated sparring matches, real-time testing with trained athletes, and comparing the results to manual scoring. Feedback from competitors and coaches can also be gathered to further improve the stability of the system.