What can i do with an Engineering Physics degree?

In summary, the speakers discuss their plans to attend Southeast Missouri State University in the fall and major in Engineering Physics: Computer Applications. The course plan includes various programming and engineering courses, with a focus on computer applications. The speaker also wonders if they will be eligible for both programming and electronics/computer engineering jobs with this degree and notes the lack of physics courses in the program.
Adrib Thazib Bhuiyan
I'll be attending the Southeast Missouri State University this fall and i am planning on majoring Engineering Physics: Computer Applications.The course plan includes the following courses: Introduction to Computer Programming, Object Oriented Programming,C and Unix Environment,Computer Applications, Programming for Engineers,Circuit Analysis,Electronic Circuits,Digital Systems Design,Microcontroller and Embedded Systems,Signals and Systems.I will also be taking the Algorithms and Data Structures course.
I know i'll be eligible for for programming jobs but will i be eligible for electronics and computer engineering jobs?Will i be able to apply for the jobs like signal analyst,computer or mobile hardware engineer?

Physics news on Phys.org
Looks like a computer engineering degree and less an Engineering Physics degree, where's the physics?

1. What is Engineering Physics?

Engineering Physics is an interdisciplinary field that combines principles of physics and engineering to solve complex problems in technology and industry. It applies the fundamental laws of physics to design, develop, and improve various systems and devices.

2. What can I do with an Engineering Physics degree?

With an Engineering Physics degree, you can pursue a variety of career options in fields such as engineering, research and development, consulting, and academia. You can work in industries such as aerospace, defense, energy, electronics, and healthcare.

3. What skills do I gain from studying Engineering Physics?

Studying Engineering Physics equips you with a strong foundation in mathematics, physics, and engineering principles. You also develop critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills that are highly sought after in various industries. Additionally, you gain hands-on experience in designing and building complex systems.

4. Is an Engineering Physics degree a good choice for me?

If you have a passion for both physics and engineering, an Engineering Physics degree can be an excellent choice for you. This degree provides a unique blend of theoretical and practical knowledge, making you well-prepared for a diverse range of career opportunities in the STEM field.

5. What are the job prospects for graduates with an Engineering Physics degree?

The job prospects for graduates with an Engineering Physics degree are promising. With the growing demand for technology and innovation, there is a constant need for professionals who can bridge the gap between physics and engineering. Graduates can find employment in various industries, and there is also potential for career advancement and specialization through further education and training.