What Causes Human Smoking? Could It Be Mental Illness?

• Thread starter fullstopsmoking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Smoke
In summary, the conversation discusses the theory that a delayed chemical reaction, specifically the increased production of cortisol, is responsible for the feeling of fear and anxiety experienced by smokers. This reaction, caused by chemicals in tobacco, is linked to the primitive instinct to survive and can lead to addiction. The conversation also raises the question of whether smoking can cause mental illness or if those with mental illness are more likely to smoke. It concludes with a humorous remark about the difficulty of quitting smoking.
Take it easy mate! this thread is almost dead, little fun won't do any harm. :rofl:
PS If you want to go with me and Gerben to the Netherlands to get high say so.Everyone is welcome.

Physics news on Phys.org
tumor said:
Take it easy mate! this thread is almost dead

Scoundral! What did this thread die from? Passivity about smoking, that's what! :grumpy: :grumpy:

tumor said:
PS If you want to go with me and Gerben to the Netherlands to get high say so.Everyone is welcome.

What? And have a LAUGH? What do you take me for? Some sort of happy fool?? Away with you now or I'll tell your parents.

PS While we're on the subject, don't tell anyone, but I'm running out of crack. What's the best country to get some in a hurry?

I'm out of all good stuff, and now i switched to sniffing glue and gasoline :frown:
I got to go to the Amsterdam Man!

Hmmm. I think you'll find you are more at home on the "Why do humans do only 30 miles per gallon?" thread :biggrin:

Yeah! Eureaka! And all the time i was wondering why I have to fill my car's gas tank so often? :confused:

tribdog said:
I smoke cause it makes me look cool.

You know, I'm never sure when you're being serious and when you're being sarcastic. Do you smoke? Now that you've put that handsome picture up in the photo thread, us women here need to know all those important details. :biggrin:

the number 42 said:
PS While we're on the subject, don't tell anyone, but I'm running out of crack. What's the best country to get some in a hurry?

Why don't you start some small home grow operation?
If you old folks ask what are those plants tell them they are just decorative plants.My friend's parents fell for it. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: