What does "observation" mean in science?

In summary, observation in Science is the action or process of closely paying attention to something. It involves conducting separate experiments on the same topic and comparing the results. It is a crucial aspect of scientific research and involves closely examining and analyzing data.
Rubies
What does observation means in Science. What is the definition?

Is it like to do the two separate experiments, on the same topic and compare the results.
Am I correct,
Thanks
In advance

Physics news on Phys.org
Rubies said:
What does observation means in Science. What is the definition?
What research have you done on this so far? What have you found out?

I wrote it on attempt section

Rubies said:
I wrote it on attempt section
I have no idea what that means. You did not answer my question.

Is it to look with close look at something,that's what I researched.

Or the action or process of closely paying attention to something

Rubies said:
Is it to look with close look at something,that's what I researched.
Again, you did not answer my question. What did you find out? If you researched it already, what is it you don't know or don't understand? This is getting repetitive. Answer my question please. What have you found out?

No. problem I got it

1. What is the definition of "observation" in science?

In science, observation refers to the act of using our senses or technology to gather information about the world around us. It is a fundamental process in the scientific method and is used to make objective and accurate descriptions of natural phenomena.

2. Why is observation important in science?

Observation is important in science because it allows us to collect data and evidence that can be used to test hypotheses and theories. It also helps scientists to make accurate and objective conclusions about the natural world.

3. How do scientists make observations?

Scientists make observations by using their senses to gather information, such as sight, hearing, touch, taste, and smell. They may also use tools and instruments, such as microscopes, telescopes, and sensors, to make more precise and accurate observations.

4. What are the different types of observations in science?

There are two main types of observations in science: qualitative and quantitative. Qualitative observations describe qualities or characteristics of a phenomenon, while quantitative observations involve measuring and recording numerical data.

5. How do scientists ensure the accuracy of their observations?

Scientists ensure the accuracy of their observations by using standardized methods and protocols, making repeated observations, and using reliable tools and instruments. They also collaborate with other scientists and peer-review their observations to ensure objectivity and accuracy.