What does the Hadamard correspond to in hardware?

• I
  • Thread starter Kenneth Adam Miller
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hardware
In summary, entanglement arises as a consequence of the inconsistent state of the laws of the preservation of momentum. It is a naturally arising phenomenon stemming from the otherwise would be inconsistent state of the laws of the preservation of momentum.
Kenneth Adam Miller
As per the title, I'm wondering what exactly is going on at the quantum level that makes entanglement arise - what is the precursor? The hadamard, as I know it, is just a particular set of matrix values that make up an operator. From what I understand, in physics, entanglement is a naturally arising phenomenon stemming from the otherwise would be inconsistent state of the laws of the preservation of momentum. In the case of experiments in which a particle is broken in half before a heat interaction occurs, it is said that their spin state is ambiguous until measured because momentum has to be preserved. Yet, in the moment of interaction in which the particle is struck and broken, momentum is imparted and yet not observed; so it must be distributed across the two particles. That makes sense to me.But exactly what a Hadamard operation is doing to a single electron or quantum particle to me is not clear, because if I understand the state operator correctly, it is operating on the matrix state representation over the discrete information regarding the angles of the qubit (two complex numbers).

Physics news on Phys.org
Kenneth Adam Miller said:
The hadamard

Do you mean the Hamiltonian? "The hadamard" makes no sense in this context.

No, I don't mean the Hamiltonian. That is something different; the hadamard is the quantum computing operator responsible for suspending qubits into entanglement.

the hadamard is the quantum computing operator responsible for suspending qubits into entanglement

Can you give a reference?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadamard_transform

That's the matrix definition.

Ok, got it. Are you asking what kind of actual device can implement this transformation? I'm not very knowledgeable about quantum computing hardware, but since the transform amounts to a composition of rotations about two different axes, an appropriate combination of either magnetic fields (if your qubits are electron spins) or polarizers (if your qubits are photon polarizations) ought to do it.

Yeah, but there's not a fundamental discrepancy between the law of preservation of momentum and the observation of either position or momentum that has clearly been created here in order that entanglement arise. Entanglement is the eventual preservation of that law in the face of an implied ambiguity, if I understand correctly. How does a magnetic field, which actually would affect only the orientation between the fundamental phase and angle of the qubit orientation, not the momentum.

but there's not a fundamental discrepancy between the law of preservation of momentum and the observation of either position or momentum that has clearly been created here in order that entanglement arise. Entanglement is the eventual preservation of that law in the face of an implied ambiguity, if I understand correctly.

I don't understand. What "law" and what "discrepancy" are you talking about? Again, do you have a reference for where you are getting this understanding from?

In the case of experiments in which a particle is broken in half before a heat interaction occurs

What experiments are you referring to?

Ok, maybe not experiments exactly, but perhaps learning examples. Hold on, I'm answering your other question.

OK, so the law of the preservation of energy demands that, as in the original example of the particle being split, that the total momentum before and after the interaction sum up to be the same. So, in the case that a particle is split, each particle of it is now in superposition because the interaction was finite in the step that is affected; position and momentum was computed in terms of the whole particle, and must be redistributed between the two after they have been measured some time after being broken.

the original example of the particle being split

Again, can you give a reference? What process are we talking about? Where did you find out about it? You can't just hit quantum particles with a hammer and break them in half. What is this experiment?

Nah, I don't know the reference off the top of my head. Yeah, it wasn't a hammer, it was firing one particle at another. I know there are more specifics to it, but this is just the way I remember it. I'll see if I can find it somewhere and post it here if I do.

1. What is the definition of Hadamard in hardware?

The Hadamard matrix is a square matrix used in quantum computing to perform the Hadamard transform, which can be represented in hardware as a circuit that applies a specific set of gates to a set of qubits.

2. How is the Hadamard transform implemented in hardware?

The Hadamard transform is implemented in hardware using quantum gates such as the Hadamard gate, which can be represented as a physical operation on qubits. These gates are used to manipulate the quantum state of the qubits and perform the desired computation.

3. What is the purpose of using the Hadamard transform in hardware?

The Hadamard transform is an important tool in quantum computing as it allows for the superposition of states, which is necessary for quantum algorithms to work efficiently. It also plays a crucial role in quantum error correction and the implementation of quantum algorithms such as quantum Fourier transform.

4. How does the Hadamard transform differ from other quantum gates in hardware?

The Hadamard transform is unique in that it is reversible, meaning it can be easily undone, and it can be applied to multiple qubits simultaneously. This makes it a useful tool in quantum computing for creating entanglement and performing operations on multiple qubits at once.

5. Are there any limitations to using the Hadamard transform in hardware?

While the Hadamard transform is a powerful tool in quantum computing, it is not a universal gate and cannot be used to perform all types of quantum computations. Additionally, the implementation of the Hadamard transform in hardware can be challenging and requires a high level of precision and control over the qubits.