What drug makes you feel invincible?

• Thread starter QuantumTheory
  • Start date
In summary, PCP can make people feel invincible and unable to feel pain. This can lead to violence on the part of the user or police.
I`d rather not in such a public place.

I`m not proud of the person i used to be but I am willing to tell someone of my mistakes if it where to help them make the right decision.

You don`t need to know since you made your choice.

(I don`t want this to come arcoss as being rude)

Physics news on Phys.org
Has anybody here ever looked into the history of contemporary illicit drugs? It is pretty fascinating the medicinal uses they once had. Cocaine was developed as a local anesthetic; heroin was developed to help people kick morphine addiction; LSD was developed to help people kick alcohol addictions; and MDMA was developed for use in marriage counseling.

Smurf said:
We've also decriminalized marijuana...
Really?? WHERE?

Shoot that drugie, now

Smurf said:
Ahhh yes... another newb made the fatal mistake of arguing with moonbear only to see their entire argument utterly smashed in front of their very own eyes...Is it wrong that this is so satisfying?
Yes!

Moonbear said:
Aww...don't be so hard on him, he's just a sleepy little rabbit who misunderstood my initial statement. I could be considered as much to blame in this case for making a statement that was unclear (excessive force does have a specific meaning in the case of police misconduct, so I should have defined from the outset that my usage was different from the usual definition). He wasn't being purposely obtuse like some in the past.
O.K. Is there a Doctor in the House who is willing to administer to ANYONE a Dosage of Drug based upon the Known medical conditions of the Observable patient, Height = 'about roughly' weight = 'about roughly' and Known to be Wacked out on PCP, enraged, Hearts Flyin!? cause if there is you can be the Next "Medical Shooter" Target officer for the police.

LD
Listens to the Silence of Non responciveness from the Doctors(?) in the House .. .. ..

Administering a Drug, does anyone know of one, a drug, that gaurantees efficacity, as in, the patient Will NOT be harmed by the Adminstration of the drug, nor by any of the Drugs effects, Gauranteed (right?) and that it is assured that this will stop that patient, in VERY short order from doing any further harm to themselves, and especially to any others? Anyone? :confused: ? (are you?)

My entire arguement?? entirely smashed?? apparently you read with a VERY Prejudiced Eye. :yuck:

Looked more to me to be along the lines of two people finding-seeking some sort of Common Intellectual Ground upon which to foist a solution. o:)

Has anybody here ever looked into the history of contemporary illicit drugs? It is pretty fascinating the medicinal uses they once had. Cocaine was developed as a local anesthetic; heroin was developed to help people kick morphine addiction; LSD was developed to help people kick alcohol addictions; and MDMA was developed for use in marriage counseling.

Yes.. You should also read up on the Opium laws, and their history with reference to the Dutch... basically its what made the Dutch royal family rich

Alcohol, it seems to make many believe that they are "Invincible" while driving a car, or starting a Fight in a Bar, or anywheres else, for that matter.

Potent Drug, noxious substance, and completely Legal. Definitely a Social 'Causitive' though, Social Dis-order when in the Hands of the Abusive and-or Abuser.

Lapin Dormant said:
Listens to the Silence of Non responciveness from the Doctors(?) in the House .. .. ..
Administering a Drug, does anyone know of one, a drug, that gaurantees efficacity, as in, the patient Will NOT be harmed by the Adminstration of the drug, nor by any of the Drugs effects, Gauranteed (right?) and that it is assured that this will stop that patient, in VERY short order from doing any further harm to themselves, and especially to any others? Anyone? :confused: ? (are you?)

In fact that is exactly how one would administer the drug Haloperidol for example - you look at the patient, his/her weight and you administer it. Obviously this doesn't guarantee that the drug will work or won't have side effects, but if you really want me to rub it hard in your face then know this : nobody will ever guarantee you anything for any reason in medicine.

While tripping on LSD at Yale, I attempted a short cut by climbing an iron fence when I grabbed a live light socket. I had sense enough to allow my weight to break the connection and fell on a picket fence, almost racking myself. Then I mustered the nerve to complain to the campus police.

Loren Booda said:
While tripping on LSD at Yale, I attempted a short cut by climbing an iron fence when I grabbed a live light socket. I had sense enough to allow my weight to break the connection and fell on a picket fence, almost racking myself. Then I mustered the nerve to complain to the campus police.

That is just disturbing. If you are going to 'do' drugs at least make sure you are doing it responsibly - right dose, right environment, and definitely a sitter present there to make sure you don't walk around or hurt yourself or others.

No wonder that the strongest drug (besides 1 and 1/2 beers once) I have used in the past 21 years is caffeine.

I once witnessed a "buddy" consume two fifths of hard liquor, then start on a third. Now that was disturbing - also since no one tried to stop him.

cronxeh said:
In fact that is exactly how one would administer the drug Haloperidol for example - you look at the patient, his/her weight and you administer it. Obviously this doesn't guarantee that the drug will work or won't have side effects, but if you really want me to rub it hard in your face then know this : nobody will ever guarantee you anything for any reason in medicine.
Please "rub it into my face" as HARD as you think you can, as that is EXACTLY MY POINT!

And that is exactly why I had made that statement-that way, because I
already Knew-Know that those are the requisites of administering a Drug, Height and Weight.

What I was trying to do was point out? ask! if that is not nessecarily a Better, more garaunteed method, then Five Taser shots, which personally I do NOT think of as Appropriate, but I am not the Officer facing the "Wacked out of their mind-body" Drug user, then again neither are you.

As species gifted with higher intelligence we ought to take care of our own rather than tase them to death. Rather than killing the excess and the stupid, the elderly and the obviously offensive and odorly, we should conserve and limit the population growth, take care of our existing species and ensure our survival for the future. Simply killing off the disorderly in our society or jailing for possession depicts the evolutionary remnats of stupidity in all of us

right dose
of LSD = None

cronxeh said:
As species gifted with higher intelligence we ought to take care of our own rather than tase them to death. Rather than killing the excess and the stupid, the elderly and the obviously offensive and odorly, we should conserve and limit the population growth, take care of our existing species and ensure our survival for the future. Simply killing off the disorderly in our society or jailing for possession depicts the evolutionary remnats of stupidity in all of us
I would agree, also with the Other {Previous} posters' empathy for the User from which came that expressed idea of 'was there another way' {Paraphrasing} suggesting the use of a Dart gun, or drug, that is why I had pointed out what I had pointed out, nevermind the reality of trying to make an intravenous shot with a Dart gun, right?

Lapin Dormant said:
I would agree, also with the Other {Previous} posters' empathy for the User from which came that expressed idea of 'was there another way' {Paraphrasing} suggesting the use of a Dart gun, or drug, that is why I had pointed out what I had pointed out, nevermind the reality of trying to make an intravenous shot with a Dart gun, right?

Well I'd sleep better at night if the person was shot with a tranquilizer rather than electricuted to defibrillation

Well, if it would be the best way possible I think it would be being done that way, as for sleeping well, you should just do that anyways as it makes for a Better persons well rested, so maybe in that clarity you will be the one who finds that proverbial "best way possible" and remember to share it.

O.K.?

Lapin Dormant said:
Well, if it would be the best way possible I think it would be being done that way, as for sleeping well, you should just do that anyways as it makes for a Better persons well rested, so maybe in that clarity you will be the one who finds that proverbial "best way possible" and remember to share it.
O.K.?

That almost sounds like something a French person would do :rofl:

OK! :biggrin:

Mais pourquoi Pas?

If your too groggy from not sleeping, O.K. your one of those "I discovered it by serendipity" {Cause i fell alseep and the 'accident' happened but the Funniest thing was, there it was, on the floor, so I cleaned up the mess, played with what I had found, On the Floor, realized the application you now all know it for, and then I took all of the credit}

LD
Lapin Dormant .. .. .. .. Des Fois .. .. .. .. ..