What Games Consoles Have You At Home?

In summary, the conversation is about various individuals discussing the old and new game consoles they own or have owned in the past. Some have a fondness for older consoles and games, while others prefer the newer technology. Some even have a mix of both. The conversation also touches on the idea of selling or trading in old consoles for newer ones.
Art
I was in the attic the other day and came across my old Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64 games consoles (I also came across a Spectrum but thought that was just too old). I made the mistake of telling my two girls who insisted they wanted to try them and so for the past week they have been playing all the old games.

I thought they would get bored quickly with the inferior graphics but so far they seem to love it and I must agree that given the limited technology of the time the game play for most of these old games is excellent.

No doubt they will soon be back to their WII, PS2, Nintendo DS and PC games.

I was curious as to how many games consoles others here have lying around at home and does anybody still use the older consoles themselves?

Physics news on Phys.org
I had an old nintendo and Sega and PS1 in the basement. I sold it, along with all the games and controllers on ebay and got $50 bucks for it!

Now I have none.

Between me and my brother we have: PS3, PSP, X box 360, nintendo colour, sega, games pc, playstation 2 and playstation 1. I think we also have some older consoles up in the attic somewhere. We really are spoiled for choice :-)

And yes I play the older ones almost as much as the newer ones, namely, the nintendo colour and the playstation 1.

Some of the older games for nintendo such as Golden Sun just arent matched by newer consoles, the graphics don't matter that much. And the Playstation, my favourite game of all time: The Legend of Dragoon.

Sega genesis, Sega dreamcast, X box and 2 xbox 360's, and a game cube.

Just a PS3. I tend to trade in my old consoles when I get a new one.

i had: sega saturn, game gear, every game boy that ever came out, nintendo, n64, ps2 and a 360. but i sold it all... now i only have a macbook pro haha

None, but I can appreciate why your daughters would be so excited by the older games. I miss those...they always seemed more fun because of their lack of realism. One of my friends got one of those old Atari systems repaired and functioning back when we were in grad school...partly nostalgia and partly because those simple games are just good fun when you're stressed out. I miss Frogger. :frown:

I only have a...

PS3
Wii
PS2
Gamecube
Xbox
PS1
Sega Saturn
N64
Sega Genesis
Sega CD
Virtual Boy
Super Nintendo
Nintendo
Odyssey 100
Odyssey 200
Intelevision
Fairchild Video Entertainment System

All I really wanted was a Sega Dreamcast. Such ignorant, lazy, cheap, stupid parents. :rolleyes:

JasonRox said:
I only have a...

PS3
Wii
PS2
Gamecube
Xbox
PS1
Sega Saturn
N64
Sega Genesis
Sega CD
Virtual Boy
Super Nintendo
Nintendo
Odyssey 100
Odyssey 200
Intelevision

All I really wanted was a Sega Dreamcast. Such ignorant, lazy, cheap, stupid parents. :rolleyes:

lol "ONLY HAVE"...?.. couple grand in game consoles + couple hundred in video games = spoiled...

lol...i ONLY have a ps3...i love it...it is basically like a second computer..

I have a Wiiiiiiii

Used to own a PS2 - sold it. Also had a PS1 and SNES back in the day. My sister had an N64 which was fun stuff.

Retro games can be a ton of fun. A few months ago I was craving some old school Nintendo games - and was strongly considering buying an SNES or N64, but I got over it after I bought a Wii.

What? Is this related to the IC manufacturer?

My new entertainment system I love playing is called: Life.

When that gets slow, I go to my friends house and play COD4 on his PS3 and huge flat screen Samsung. Oh, you never get tired of shooting up your friends.....NEVER.

JasonRox said:
I only have a...

Intelevision

Ah yes! Intellivision! How I miss your annoying touch tone like controls. Those damn side buttons were such a pain too...gives you arthritis.

intellivision_small.jpg

You what I do miss terribly though: Night Stalker and The Masters of the Universe games...

nightstalker.jpg

These are just for the kids you know...

game cube
dslite
gameboy advance
Wii - my wife wanted it for mothers day, for the kids :wink:

I would never waste dozens and dozens of hours of my life
on Zelda windwaker or twilight princess :rolleyes:

I only have a Gameboy for now, but I want a Wii :smile:

We used to have Colecovision and I absolutely loved it. It was from my dad's childhood and we used it all the way up 'til we got our PS.

Last edited:
regular nes is the greatest system ever!

Colecovision w/ a lot of atari games
NES
SNES
NGC
PS2 (hacked)
XBOX360
WII (hacked)

I used to have 2 commodore 64's with two old 1541's and like 2000 games.

My roomie has a PS2 and an XBox. He has a burned disc of games for the XBox which contains all (or nearly all) of the games for Atari systems, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Colecovision, and a few other old systems that I had never heard of before. Some of the games are fun but a lot of them are just silly and boring. Its difficult wading through all of the crap trying to find the few good ones so I don't play with it often.

Hey did anyone have "Turbo Graphics 16?" The only games I remember where Bonk and Splatterhouse.

I just have an xBox360.

I normally play CoD4 and GHIII on it when I have time. I can't wait for GoW2, CoD5, and Endwar to be released in November.

No game consoles. Hell, I only have a TV so I can get local news, and maybe watch a DVD from time to time.

turbo-1 said:
No game consoles. Hell, I only have a TV so I can get local news, and maybe watch a DVD from time to time.
I'm surprised, I thought you'd love all those 'first person shooter' games Turbo :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Art said:
I'm surprised, I thought you'd love all those 'shooter' games Turbo :smile:
Nah! My shooter games are real. Rapid-fire multiple target drills with the Glock 20, precision bench shooting with the Ruger Model 1 single-shot...

Living out in the boonies has its perks.

I've had:

Atari 5200
Atari 7800
NES
Sega Genesis (still have)
Sega CD (still have)
Sega 32X (still have)
xbox (still have)

I loved the genesis and the nes, some of the best games ever.

Now I am a pc gamer, which is far superior in all conceivable respects.

Nintendo DS (original silver one) I hate the newer cheap plastic Nintendo DS.
I put rhinestones on the top..pretty :biggrin:
I like the Nintendo DS b/c I can play the games from Game boy Advance SP AND Nintendo DS games on the same console.

I also have a Game boy Colour and Game boy Advance SP

I don't have any games consoles: not really all that into computer games, to be honest.

(though, if I were to buy any games console, it'd be a Wii.. they are good fun to play with friends!)

No game consoles and no local, network, satellite, or cable TV, only DVDs.

Right now I'm reading a biography of Pierre Burton for entertainment, and I shall soon start another mystery novel.

No game consoles and no TV or DVD player.

Gokul43201 said:
No game consoles and no TV or DVD player.
:wink: Wow, Fred Flintstone is a real person and George Jones is Barney Rubble

Okay I'm curious: What do you guys do for entertainment?

Well we all know he has a computer, and it has everything a man could need. You can watch tv on it too...

mcknia07 said:
Well we all know he has a computer, and it has everything a man could need. You can watch tv on it too...
Probably a tablet PC - a stone tablet that is :biggrin:

Art said:
:wink: Wow, Fred Flintstone is a real person and George Jones is Barney Rubble

Okay I'm curious: What do you guys do for entertainment?
Do you think that Betty and Wilma were passive pawns in all of this? FOXES!

i got the nintendo,super nintendo,virtual boy,atari,and ps3. hooked on the ps3 online.

I only have an Atari 400 and a Commodore 64. Never had the heart to sell them.

I have
Mitashi Video game console
PSP (homebrew enabled)

I want a PS3.

Related to What Games Consoles Have You At Home?

What are the different types of games consoles you have at home?

At home, I have a PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and a gaming PC.

Which games console do you think is the best?

I believe that the best games console is subjective and depends on personal preference. Each console has its own unique features and games, so it ultimately comes down to what the individual enjoys.

Why do you have multiple games consoles at home?

As a scientist, I am interested in studying and understanding the technology and capabilities of different games consoles. I also enjoy playing a variety of games, so having multiple consoles allows me to experience a wider range of games.

Do you think games consoles will become obsolete in the future?

It is difficult to predict the future of technology, but it is possible that games consoles may become less popular as more advanced technology, such as virtual reality, becomes more prevalent. However, there will always be a demand for gaming and entertainment, so it is unlikely that games consoles will become completely obsolete.

What is your favorite game to play on your games consoles at home?

As a scientist, I don't have a specific favorite game as I am constantly exploring and trying out new games. However, I do enjoy playing puzzle and strategy games as they challenge my critical thinking skills.