What Have We Learned from Studying the North Ecliptic Pole?

TheOrionNebula
How did you find PF?
Found my way in here through an item on Yahoo news re JWST observations of the Galactic Centre, which somehow led to … here ! Happy to throw in the odd comment here and there!
Astronomer - have built and used lots of stuff for ground and space based astronomy, and worked on top of countless mountain tops across many continents; studying the radio Universe from the deserts of New Mexico, taking pictures from mountain tops in Chile, Hawaii, La Palma, listening to the universal radio signals in the desert of NSW, and looking at x-rays from far out in space. I especially like the Galactic Plane, M16 and M42, but am not averse to the occasional foray to the extragalactic world. Ariel V, ISO, AKARI, HERSCHEL, UKIRT, JCMT, VLA, ATCA, LOFAR, NOT, SAAO, AAT are all acronyms of telescopes I have worked with in some of the stuff I have written, ranging from the x-ray to the radio regimes, and redshifts of near zero to many. Latest paper, currently under refereeing, is about all you ever need to know about the North Ecliptic Pole (NEP).

Last edited:
Likes PeroK and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF; it's good to have you here! :smile:

Back