What HTML tag can I use to bypass category filters on my website?

• Thread starter incognito41
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Html
In summary, the conversation revolved around creating a website for the speaker's wife and facing difficulties due to workplace filters blocking the site because of its category settings. The speaker is seeking help in finding an HTML tag that can bypass the filters and is looking for information online but has not found anything relevant. They are also advised to consult their network administrators to determine which specific tag the filters look at.
incognito41
All, I'm creating a website for my wife and i'd like to be able to make updates while at work. unfortunately our filters here won't let the site come through because of the category settings. For example, if i were to try and go to the texas lotto page, our filters would block it because the category is gambling/gaming/entertainment...

when i try and view her page it blocks it because the site does not have a category.

my question is: Is there some html tag i need to incorporate for this? I've looked online for various combinations of html, tag, category, filter and have found nothing discussing this topic.

any help would be greatly appreiciated.

thanks,
jose

Technology news on Phys.org
You need to find out which specific tag your workplace's filters look at. Ask your network administrators. It might be either PICS (now apparently obsolete) or POWDER, or maybe something else entirely.

1. What is the purpose of tagging a category in HTML?

Tagging a category in HTML allows for the organization and categorization of content on a webpage. It helps to identify and distinguish different types of content, making it easier for search engines and users to navigate the page.

2. How do I tag a category in HTML?

To tag a category in HTML, you can use the <div> or <span> element with the class attribute. For example, <div class="category">Content here</div> would create a category named "category" for the content within the <div> element.

3. Can I use multiple categories in one HTML element?

Yes, you can use multiple categories for one HTML element by separating them with a space in the class attribute. For example, <div class="category1 category2">Content here</div> would assign both "category1" and "category2" to the content within the <div> element.

4. How does tagging a category affect SEO?

Tagging a category in HTML can improve SEO by making the content on your webpage more organized and easily identifiable by search engines. This can lead to a higher ranking in search results and make it easier for users to find your page.

5. Are there any best practices for tagging categories in HTML?

Some best practices for tagging categories in HTML include using descriptive and relevant names for your categories, avoiding overuse of categories, and using consistent formatting for all categories throughout your webpage. It is also important to use tags in moderation and avoid creating too many unnecessary categories.