What is causing error code 16492 in PSpice?

In summary, the conversation discusses running a transient simulation and plotting three outputs on the same plot. The settings for the simulation include setting the Run Time, Maximum Step Size, and Y axis limits. The MOSFET model used is given, along with a circuit design example. The person discussing the problem has attempted to solve it in PSpice but is getting an error code indicating missing values. They are seeking help in understanding what they are doing wrong.
Louis Aguilar

Homework Statement

Run a transient simulation and plot the three outputs, Vo(t), on the same plot. Use the following settings:
1. Set the Run Time (or Stop Time) so that you plot 3 cycles of Vo(t).
2. Set the Maximum Step Size so that you get at least 100 points per period for Vo(t).
3. Set the Y axis limits to 0 volts and 10 volts. Do not auto scale.
The model that you will use for the MOSFET is:
Id = (kp/2)(Vgs – Vto)2 (1 + lambda*Vds)
Kp = 0.01
Vto = 1
Lambda = 0.05

Given Circuit Design:
PSPP4.png

Homework Equations

I have attempted to do it in PSpice but I'm getting error code saying missing values, what am I doing wrong?

The Attempt at a Solution

My Design:
PSPP1.png

My Simulation Profile:
PSPP3.png

Mosfet PSpice Model:
PSPP5.png

Error Code:
PSPP2.png

Physics news on Phys.org
Louis Aguilar said:

Homework Statement

Run a transient simulation and plot the three outputs, Vo(t), on the same plot. Use the following settings:
1. Set the Run Time (or Stop Time) so that you plot 3 cycles of Vo(t).
2. Set the Maximum Step Size so that you get at least 100 points per period for Vo(t).
3. Set the Y axis limits to 0 volts and 10 volts. Do not auto scale.
The model that you will use for the MOSFET is:
Id = (kp/2)(Vgs – Vto)2 (1 + lambda*Vds)
Kp = 0.01
Vto = 1
Lambda = 0.05

Given Circuit Design:
View attachment 196978

Homework Equations

I have attempted to do it in PSpice but I'm getting error code saying missing values, what am I doing wrong?

The Attempt at a Solution

My Design:
View attachment 196979
My Simulation Profile:
View attachment 196980
Mosfet PSpice Model:
View attachment 196982
Error Code:
View attachment 196981
Welcome to the PF.

What does the manual say about that error 16492? Can you simplify the simulation down to just one circuit for now, and see if you can figure out what's missing?

What is an error message in PSpice?

An error message in PSpice is a notification that appears when there is an issue with the simulation or circuit design. It indicates that there is a problem that needs to be addressed in order for the simulation to run successfully.

Why am I getting an error message in PSpice?

There are several reasons why you may be getting an error message in PSpice. This can include incorrect syntax in your netlist, missing or incorrect component values, or issues with the circuit design itself. It is important to carefully review the error message and troubleshoot the issue accordingly.

How do I fix an error message in PSpice?

The first step in fixing an error message in PSpice is to carefully read and understand the error message. From there, you can review your netlist and circuit design to identify and correct any issues. It may also be helpful to consult PSpice documentation or online resources for troubleshooting tips.

Can I ignore an error message in PSpice?

No, it is not recommended to ignore an error message in PSpice. Ignoring an error message can lead to inaccurate simulation results or even cause the simulation to fail completely. It is important to address and fix any error messages in order to ensure an accurate and successful simulation.

How can I prevent error messages in PSpice?

To prevent error messages in PSpice, it is important to carefully check your netlist and circuit design before running a simulation. Double check component values and make sure they are entered correctly. It is also helpful to use PSpice's built-in design rule checks to catch any potential errors before running a simulation.