What is galileian system of coordinate?

In summary, a Galilean system of coordinates is one in which Newton's laws of motion hold true and objects only change speed or direction when a force is applied.
DavidCcc
What is Galileian system of coordinate?
I have read the chapter about it by einstein but still can't understand it.
Can anyone kindly explain it to me?
thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Are you referring to Galilean relativity? To my knowledge, no coordinate system is called Galilean, but the simplest transformation from one observer's viewpoint to another is called the Galilean transformation.

- Warren

A Galilean system of coordinates in one in which Newton's 3 laws of motion hold in "standard" form.

DavidCcc said:
What is Galileian system of coordinate?
I have read the chapter about it by einstein but still can't understand it.
Can anyone kindly explain it to me?
thanks
atyy summed it up, but another way of looking at it is that with respect to a Galilean coordinate system, or inertial reference frame, objects don't change speed or direction without an applied force.

Related to What is galileian system of coordinate?

1. What is the Galileian system of coordinate?

The Galileian system of coordinate is a mathematical framework developed by Galileo Galilei in the 17th century to describe the motion of objects in space. It is a coordinate system used to measure the position, velocity, and acceleration of an object in a three-dimensional space.

2. How is the Galileian system of coordinate different from other coordinate systems?

The Galileian system of coordinate differs from other coordinate systems, such as the Cartesian system, in that it does not take into account the curvature of space. It assumes that space is flat and that the laws of physics are the same in all inertial reference frames.

3. What are the main components of the Galileian system of coordinate?

The main components of the Galileian system of coordinate are the x, y, and z axes, which form a three-dimensional coordinate system. The origin of the coordinate system is typically located at the center of mass of the system being observed.

4. What is the significance of the Galileian system of coordinate in modern science?

The Galileian system of coordinate is significant in modern science as it provided a foundation for the development of classical mechanics and the laws of motion. It also laid the groundwork for the development of modern theories, such as relativity and quantum mechanics.

5. How is the Galileian system of coordinate used in practical applications?

The Galileian system of coordinate is used in various practical applications, such as navigation, engineering, and physics experiments. It allows for precise measurements of an object's position and motion, which are essential for understanding and predicting its behavior in different situations.