What is S = –2 hypernuclei and its nuclear emulation?

• I
  • Thread starter kodama
  • Start date
kodama
TL;DR Summary
Experimental status of S = –2 hypernucle
i saw thisExperimental status of S = –2 hypernucle
Kazuma NAKAZAWA
Physics Department, Gifu University, Gifu 501-1193, Japan

link

https://journals.jps.jp/doi/pdf/10.7566/JPSCP.17.031001

and i would like to know more

its nuclear emulation

especially

page 3

Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 20-26-13 jpscp.17.031001.pdf.png

from page 3

what is V ? figure 3

by nuclear emulation V has mass 16-17 MeV and decay in to charged particles

Physics news on Phys.org
kodama said:
View attachment 338041

from page 3

what is V ? figure 3

Not "V has mass". V has dimension of mass/energy.
Are you asking what is V or what is V0? These are different things (see equation (2)).
From my reading, V seems to be the actual binding energy of Ξ-. V0 is the total potential well depth - counting both the binding energy and zero point energy.

Likes kodama
snorkack said:
Not "V has mass". V has dimension of mass/energy.
Are you asking what is V or what is V0? These are different things (see equation (2)).
From my reading, V seems to be the actual binding energy of Ξ-. V0 is the total potential well depth - counting both the binding energy and zero point energy.
but it decay in to 2 in to charged particles-(electron ?)

kodama said:
V is a potential. It's not a particle and it doesn't decay to anything.
##\Xi^-## bound in nuclei decay to other things.

Likes Vanadium 50 and kodama
mfb said:
V is a potential. It's not a particle and it doesn't decay to anything.
##\Xi^-## bound in nuclei decay to other things.
is ##\Xi^-## a particle

kodama said:
is ##\Xi^-## a particle
Yes, it is.
Decay to electron is allowed but low probability. For a lone Λ, decay to electron has a branching ratio of 0,083%

Likes kodama
kodama said:
That I don´t think likely at all.
Late 1940s and 1950s were "particle zoo" period. Scientists had no clue what particles exist, they had not yet spotted the quark model periodicity system, so they had eyes open for any new particles they could see.
If there were any exotic particles, charged and low energy but with such a low formation cross-section that it was missed through 1950s, it is a weird coincidence that one should have been spotted back in 1946 and then none in 1950s.

On the other hand, 17 MeV quite fits the explanation in the article - potential well depth (baryon binding energy in nucleus+the zero point energy) and the binding energies of the stronger bound nuclei (like α) are in that region!

Likes kodama and ohwilleke
snorkack said:
That I don´t think likely at all.
LIf there were any exotic particles, charged and low energy
*uncharged but decay e+e-

snorkack said:
On the other hand, 17 MeV quite fits the explanation in the article - potential well depth (baryon binding energy in nucleus+the zero point energy) and the binding energies of the stronger bound nuclei (like α) are in that region!

not likely at all but it is possible 17 MeV could be a new unknown fundamental particle a boson?

Last edited:
kodama said:
but it is possible 17 MeV could be a new unknown fundamental particle a boson?

And what answer do you expect?

weirdoguy said:
And what answer do you expect?
not likely at all could suggest a possible exploration

in Bayesian theory

if
arXiv:2311.18632 (hep-ex)
Observation of structures at ∼17 and ∼38 MeV/c2 in the γγ invariant mass spectra in pC, dC, and dCu collisions at plab of a few GeV/c per nucleon
Kh.U. Abraamyan, Ch. Austin, M.I. Baznat, K.K. Gudima, M.A. Kozhin, S.G. Reznikov, A.S. Sorin

is true

and
arXiv:2308.06473 (nucl-ex)
[Submitted on 12 Aug 2023]
Observation of the X17 anomaly in the decay of the Giant Dipole Resonance of 8Be
A.J. Krasznahorkay,
what could be the 17 MeV in
Experimental status of S = –2 hypernucle
Kazuma NAKAZAWA
Physics Department, Gifu University, Gifu 501-1193, Japan

multiple experiment with 17 MeV decay in to e+e-

Last edited:

1. What is S = –2 hypernuclei?

S = –2 hypernuclei are exotic nuclei that contain one or more strange quarks in addition to the usual up and down quarks found in regular nuclei. The "S = –2" designation refers to the number of strange quarks present in the nucleus.

2. What is nuclear emulation?

Nuclear emulation is a theoretical concept that involves studying the properties of hypernuclei by using a simpler system that mimics the behavior of hypernuclei. This allows scientists to gain insights into the structure and dynamics of hypernuclei without directly studying them.

3. How are S = –2 hypernuclei different from regular nuclei?

S = –2 hypernuclei differ from regular nuclei in that they contain strange quarks, which have different properties than the up and down quarks found in normal nuclei. This can lead to unique nuclear structures and behaviors not seen in conventional nuclei.

4. What are the potential applications of studying S = –2 hypernuclei and nuclear emulation?

Studying S = –2 hypernuclei and nuclear emulation can help scientists better understand the fundamental forces and interactions that govern nuclear structure. This knowledge can have implications for nuclear physics, astrophysics, and even technology development.

5. How do scientists study S = –2 hypernuclei and nuclear emulation?

Scientists study S = –2 hypernuclei and nuclear emulation using a combination of theoretical models, computational simulations, and experimental data. By comparing the results from these different approaches, researchers can gain a comprehensive understanding of these complex systems.