What is so "genius" about the work of genius scientists?

In summary, many scientists, such as Einstein, Newton, Edison, Tesla, and Roosevelt, are considered geniuses due to their exceptional contributions to their respective fields. Their works were developed with knowledge, curiosity, imagination, and persistence, as evidenced by their own quotes and observations. Without a solid foundation of knowledge and curiosity, their imagination and persistence would not have been enough to achieve their groundbreaking discoveries. It should also be noted that while these geniuses may have been the first to make certain discoveries or publish their findings, it is likely that others could have eventually done the same, thus contributing to the ever-evolving body of knowledge.
ChromeBit
Many scientists are regarded as geniuses based on their work (Einstein, Newton, etc).
What is it about their work that is so clever that few others could have done it?

Physics news on Phys.org
My guess would be that their works were developed with knowledge, curiosity, imagination, and persistence.
I base this on quotes attributed to Einstein, Newton, Edison, Tesla, and of course, Roosevelt.

Of course, without some base knowledge, you wouldn't be curious about something, and without imagination, you couldn't really expand on how to solve the problem, and unless you are persistent, the problem is just going to end up on the coffee table, with everything else, and never get solved.
And then you run off to the river, which I am about to do, and listen to people gossip.

Hmmm... this reminds me, that I have a data from a science experiment on my coffee table from yesterday that needs analyzing.
I think I boogered a couple of experiments over the last 10 years.

ChromeBit said:
Many scientists are regarded as geniuses based on their work (Einstein, Newton, etc).
What is it about their work that is so clever that few others could have done it?
That assumes that "few others could have done it". The "geniuses" just did it first, or were published first. Others could have done whatever, eventually, and if done later, their work just helped to add to the knowledge or helped to confirm the new knowledge.

Likes Lillie and Ygggdrasil

1. What makes a scientist's work considered "genius"?

A scientist's work is considered genius when it demonstrates exceptional creativity, originality, and innovation. This could include groundbreaking discoveries, revolutionary theories, or significant advancements in a particular field of study.

2. How do genius scientists approach their work differently than others?

Genius scientists often have a unique perspective and approach to their work. They may think outside the box, challenge traditional ideas, and take risks in their research. They also tend to be highly focused, persistent, and open-minded in their pursuit of knowledge.

3. Can anyone become a genius scientist or is it only for a select few?

While some people may have a natural inclination towards science, anyone can become a genius scientist with hard work, dedication, and a passion for learning. It requires a combination of intelligence, creativity, and perseverance, but it is not limited to a select few individuals.

4. Is there a specific field of science that produces the most genius scientists?

There is no one specific field of science that produces the most genius scientists. Genius can be found in all areas of science, from physics and biology to psychology and chemistry. What matters most is the individual's curiosity, determination, and ability to think critically and creatively.

5. How do the contributions of genius scientists impact society?

The work of genius scientists has a massive impact on society. It leads to advancements in technology, medicine, and other fields that improve our quality of life. It also expands our understanding of the world and helps us solve complex problems and challenges. The contributions of genius scientists shape our present and future in countless ways.