What is the Best Way to Refresh My Understanding of Physics and Astrophysics?

• Thread starter azural
  • Start date
In summary, the best way to refresh one's understanding of physics and astrophysics is to engage in active learning through various methods such as reading textbooks, attending lectures or online courses, and solving practice problems. It is also helpful to stay up to date with current research and developments in the field, and to seek guidance from experts or join study groups. Additionally, using visual aids and simulations can aid in understanding complex concepts. Consistent practice and perseverance are key in mastering these subjects.
azural
How did you find PF?
Via Google search
Hi everyone. A long time ago I choose computer science. Now, years later, I miss my science class, especially physics. I'm also interested in astrophysics (Which is physics with bigger toys and a gigantic labotatory and a better way to be with the stars (pun intended).

I'm a big fan of The Big Bang Theory tv show. (Einstein, Feynman and Sheldon are my heroes).

I recently bought binoculars, a telescope, and some time ago I started astrophysics course on my own (Books, online videos, like the one with Walter Lewin).

At one point it occurs to me that I have to study physics (Obviously). To remember what I learned at school (which isn't a lot), to freshen my memories (more like wandering in some old ruins), these kind of stuff.

I also bought physics, astrophysics, and even geology (knock, Bert, knock knock Bert Bert, knock knock knock Bert Bert Bert) books, yeah geology books because of Mars and Perseverance pictures ! In a way astrophysics is physics (sure !) but also geology, biology (astrobiology), and so on.

I won't lie to you, dear physics fan, in the book "University Physics with Modern physics" Young & Freedman, there are a lot of stuff. And sometimes there is no anwser (And I'm not sure if I answered correctly), another time I found a vector but x component and y component where in another order (Even if everything seemed right, I even draw the vectors, yes I prefer makind sketches, that's better for my understanding). So, not surprinsing here, I'll ask some question (and be very careful to deliver all the necesseray details)

In conclusion I'm studying phyics for its own sake, for my pleasure, for fun ! (Yeah I know happiness is just one atom besides you) And I'm enjoyint it dearly.
I'm just a little behind in some math (Which I also study to help me in physics like calculus, another big big book, "Calculus: Early Transcendentals" by James Stewart.

My goal is a better understanding of the world.

I'm from France, so if I mispelled a little and seems a little confused don't be offended. My bad.

Anyway best regards
Frédéric

Likes berkeman and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome: