What is the connection between physics and metaphysics?

In summary, physics is the study of the physical world and its laws, while metaphysics is concerned with the nature of reality and existence beyond the physical realm. Both fields seek to understand the fundamental principles of the universe, but while physics focuses on empirical evidence and observable phenomena, metaphysics explores concepts such as consciousness, existence, and the nature of being. Despite their differences, many philosophers and scientists believe that physics and metaphysics are intertwined and that a deeper understanding of one can lead to a deeper understanding of the other.
Friggle
How did you find PF?
Just Googled :-)
I'm an electrical engineer working in the medical device industry.
As a hobby, always interested in both physics and metaphysics, want to know what this world is about at its core. Always open to any seriously and honestly driven discussion as long as it is not offending and has the goal of mutual knowledge gain :-)

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum from a fellow EE.

This is a great forum for physics and known science. Metaphysics, not so much (actually, not at all). I suggest you read the forum rules.

That might have come out wrong or a little awkward: I just wanted to tell a little bit about my interests in general. My intent is not to discuss about metaphysics in this forum. It's the physics I'm targeting here. And I mean: Strictly known physics, don't worry. I followed this link in order to introduce myself, hope, I haven't done anything wrong with this.

Likes berkeman and phinds
Ah. Got it. You're good.