What is the Correct Way to Plot a 2D Ising Model Temperature Chart?

In summary, the conversation was about a homework assignment on the 2D Ising model. The main question was about creating a chart with the average magnetization of the part where "demon" energy is stabilized on the y-axis and temperature (or temperature divided by critical temperature) on the x-axis. The expert clarified that the temperature on the x-axis should be read as T/T0, where T is the absolute temperature and T0 is defined as J/k. The exchange energy in the 2D Ising model is J, and k is the Boltzmann constant. The expert also provided a link for further reference.
tisseq
Homework Statement
Make a chart based on magnetization and temperature for 2d ising model
Relevant Equations
none
Hi, I've been given a homework to do based on 2D Ising model.
Ive already read plenty of articles bout 2d ising model but I'm not fairly certain about some things.
I got to do a chart similar to the one I attached. Correct me if I am wrong, but on the Y axis, I have to put average of magnetization of the part where "demon" energy is already stabilized and on the X axis put the "temperature"?
Moreover, to get a chart like this, do I have to put temperature, or temperature divided by critical temperature on X axis? Also, how am I supposed to count the "temperature" having energy, demon energy and magnetization?
If I didn't explain my problems completely, feel free to ask me more.
Thanks in advance for any support

Attachments

• wykres.png
    wykres.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 334
Likes Delta2
Physics news on Phys.org
The „temperature“ on the x-axis has generally to be read as ##T/T_0##, where ##T## is the absolute temperature and ##T_0## is defined as: ##T_0=J/k##. Here, ##J## is the the exchange energy in the 2D Ising model and ##k## the Boltzmann constant.
http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/329/lectures/node110.html

Likes tisseq
Lord Jestocost said:
The „temperature“ on the x-axis has generally to be read as ##T/T_0##, where ##T## is the absolute temperature and ##T_0## is defined as: ##T_0=J/k##. Here, ##J## is the the exchange energy in the 2D Ising model and ##k## the Boltzmann constant.
http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/329/lectures/node110.html

Thanks dude, really appreciate it.

1. What is the 2D Ising model temperature?

The 2D Ising model temperature refers to the temperature at which a two-dimensional lattice of interacting particles reaches thermal equilibrium. It is a theoretical model often used in statistical mechanics to study the behavior of magnetic materials.

2. How does temperature affect the 2D Ising model?

Temperature plays a crucial role in the 2D Ising model as it determines the strength of thermal fluctuations and affects the magnetization and critical behavior of the system. At low temperatures, the model exhibits order and the particles align in a specific direction, while at high temperatures, the system becomes disordered.

3. What is the critical temperature in the 2D Ising model?

The critical temperature in the 2D Ising model is the temperature at which the system undergoes a phase transition from an ordered state to a disordered state. It is also known as the Curie temperature, and its value depends on the strength of the interactions between the particles in the lattice.

4. How is the 2D Ising model temperature calculated?

The 2D Ising model temperature can be calculated using various methods, such as Monte Carlo simulations, mean-field theory, and exact solutions. The most common approach is to use Monte Carlo simulations, where the temperature is varied until the system reaches equilibrium and the critical temperature can be determined.

5. What are the applications of studying the 2D Ising model temperature?

Studying the 2D Ising model temperature has many applications, such as understanding the behavior of magnetic materials, predicting phase transitions in physical systems, and developing new materials with specific properties. It also has implications in other fields, such as computer science, where the model is used to study optimization problems.