What is the particle's position at that time?

In summary, the conversation covers various physics problems involving acceleration, velocity, position, and time. These problems include determining when a particle's velocity is zero, its position at a given time, its acceleration at a given time, and its velocity and acceleration at a specific time. It also involves calculating the height of a helicopter and the time it takes for a mailbag to reach the ground after being released. Lastly, it includes finding the acceleration experienced by a person during a fall.
lisaDOLL
a)particle's acceleration is described by the function ax=(30.0-33.0t) m/s2, where t is in seconds. Its initial conditions are xo=0.00 m and vox=0.00 m/s at t=0.00 s. At what time is the velocity zero again?
b)What is the particle's position at that time?

a)the velocity-versus-time graph is shown for a particle moving along the x-axis. Its initial position is xo=1.40 m at to=0.00 s. What is the particle's position at t=1.50 s if the total time the particle moves is 6.00 s and the maximum velocity is 6.00 m/s?
b)At t=1.50 s, what is the particle's velocity?
c)At t=1.50 s, what is the particle's acceleration?
d)At t=4.50 s, what is the particle's position?
e)At t=4.50 s, what is the particle's acceleration?

The height of a helicopter above the ground is given by h = 2.65t3 , where h is in meters and t is in seconds. After 1.85 s, the helicopter releases a small mailbag. How long after its release does the mailbag reach the ground?

A car accelerates at 2.25 m/s2 along a straight road. It passes two marks that are 25.1 m apart at times t=4.00 s and t=4.90 s. What was the car's velocity at t=0?

a)A parachustist jumps from an airplane and freely falls y=45.2 m before opening his parachute. Thereafter, he decelerates at a=1.97 m/s2. As he reaches the ground, his speed is 3.22 m/s. How long was the parachutist in the air?
b) At what height did the parachutist jump from his plane?

A very silly person, intent on catching pigeons on the roof of an apartment building, trips and falls a distance of 45.7 m. She lands on a metal garbage can, crushing it to a depth of 0.463 m and walks away without having been seriously hurt. What acceleration did she experience during the collision?

Physics news on Phys.org
please me me on as much as possible =) i will greatly appreciate it!

You need to show some work before we can help. We're not here to do your homework for you! So, what thoughts do you have?

like these are the question i don't even know how to approach.. can you atleast give me hints or something and i work my way through them?

For 1, use the fact that a=dv/dt. You have initial conditions, so should be able to solve the problem.

You still need to show effort before you get any help-- forum rules!

Related to What is the particle's position at that time?

1. What is the definition of a particle's position?

A particle's position is the location in space where the particle is located at a specific time.

2. How is a particle's position measured or determined?

A particle's position can be measured using various tools such as sensors, detectors, or imaging methods. The position can also be determined using mathematical equations and calculations based on the particle's movement and surrounding factors.

3. What does it mean when a particle's position is described as "uncertain"?

In quantum mechanics, a particle's position cannot be precisely determined due to the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle. This means that there is a limit to the accuracy of measuring a particle's position, and it can only be described as a probability of being in a certain location.

4. Can a particle's position change over time?

Yes, a particle's position can change over time due to various factors such as its own movement, interactions with other particles, or external forces. Changes in a particle's position can be described using kinematic equations.

5. How does the concept of "wave-particle duality" relate to a particle's position?

The concept of wave-particle duality states that particles can exhibit both wave-like and particle-like behaviors. This means that a particle's position can be described as a wave function, where the particle is not confined to a specific location but rather has a probability of being found at different positions.